Chapter 3

A/N: I enjoyed writing this light piece. Hope it's a positive read for you few readers.

***

Dean and the girls gathered around the machine.

"Problem is, a power surge caused this. It's an unexpected variable. If only we had a way of repeating the exact condition from before," he said.

Clover made a sound of frustration. "I wish you'd never invented this in the first place!"

Alex put a hand on her shoulder. "Clover," she said in concern.

Sofia looked at them in thought. "Huh."

"Hm, what's up, Sofia?" Alex asked.

"Well, when I was younger and in a tough spot, I'd sometimes wish something, and my amulet would make it come true," Sofia replied, holding her amulet.

"Whaa?" Alex replied.

"Also, my pet bunny and dear friend was named Clover." Sofia gave a small laugh.

"Oh?" Clover said. "Wish power is pretty awesome. And your bunny's name."

"Hey," Dean said, lighting up. "Can you just wish Sam here? And for you to return?"

Sofia nodded. "Didn't always work, and I'm not sure it works here. But it's worth a try."

The princess held her amulet and focused her thoughts.

"I wish to switch places again with Sam from Earth, who's in the Ever Realm," she said.

Everyone waited expectantly for a few moments, then exhaled in disappointment when nothing happened.

"Maybe my amulet can't work between realms. Or at all here," she said glumly.

"Cheston's magic worked here," Alex said, deep in thought. "He was a good wizard."

"Who you used to have a crush on. But he went back into the movie," Clover added, giving her a slight nudge.

Sofia looked at Alex curiously.

"Um, Sofia?" Dean said, "you mentioned the Ever Realm is where you're from?"

"Yes, Enchancia, specifically. Though I was in the Mystic Isles when I was brought here. It could be either place."

"Are those places dangerous?" Alex queried in concern.

Sofia shook her head once. "No, and people are generally nice. Like here."

"Uh huh," replied Clover. "Just so you know, though. This world can be dangerous. It's really a good thing you ended up here."

"Hm, thanks for the info." Sofia sat in a chair and thought briefly. "So there's no good magic in this world? How sad." She put her hands on her knees. "I've been in tough spots since I was a little girl, going on adventures and helping people."

The others looked at her, impressed.

"You mean, really little?" Alex asked, holding out a hand indicating child height.

Sofia nodded, smiling.

"Whoa, Sam, Clover, and I didn't start doing that till we hit high school," Alex replied.

"You guys do the same thing?" Sofia asked.

"Well, maybe a bit more intense, I'm guessing," Clover said. "Someone usually tries to kill us."

"Yikes," Sofia said. "Well, between all of us, and Cedric back home, with your friend Sam, we're bound to find a way."

"Who's Cedric?" asked Alex.

Sofia smiled. "The Royal Sorcerer of Enchancia." She sighed happily.

Clover raised her brows.

"He taught me magic, and it was tough. We both struggled, and sure enough-" Sofia sang in a contemplative tone.

Dean opened his mouth to interrupt, but Clover shushed him with a gesture. She and Alex watched Sofia, fascinated.

"I've only seen this in TV and movies," Alex whispered to the others.

"-I learned and grew, and before I knew- could go out help those in need."

Clover nodded. "And right now, Sam needs us," she said resolutely.

Sofia stood and grasped her hands.

"That's right. We're going to figure this out," she said. "Try a new angle..." she sang.

Sofia released Clover's hands and formed a picture frame with her hands. Then she gestured to Alex, smiling.

"Try something new," Alex sang lightly in her uniquely youthful voice.

She put a hand on Clover's shoulder and looked at her encouragingly.

Clover pursed her lips in thought. "Breaking into so-ong. Who ever knew?" she sang with a wry look.

"The technology's here," sang Dean.

"And the magic is here," Sofia sang, holding her hands over her heart.

"What if they worked together somehow?" Alex sang, hitting a squeaky high note. She scooted Sofia over to the machine.

"Yes, the time for singing is over," Sofia sang enthusiastically, "The time for action is..."

She gestured to the others.

"Now!" all four finished in unison.

All four breathed a bit deeply afterwards.

"I wish I filmed that," Clover said with a chuckle, holding up her X-Powder.

Alex smiled at Clover. "That was awesome!" she gushed. "Let me guess, you've done that a whole bunch of times!" she said to Sofia.

Sofia laughed lightly. "Yeah, but not for a long time. Good for raising morale, and getting ideas sometimes. Like yours, Alex."

Alex smiled. "Really?"

"Really," Sofia repeated. "Here's something we can try..."

The others looked at her in expectation.

***

A/N: Thanks for reading another chapter!