Chapter 1

"Chrissy!" Cara shouted down from the hall way. She looked so panicked.

"What happened?" I asked her while catching her breath.

"I p-assed!" She shouted breathlessly

"What?!" I asked and shook her. "Oh, my god! Congratulations, we should celebrate later!" I said feeling so proud for my sister.

*bell rings*

"Yeah, let's celebrate later, but I need to go first before Mr. Fitz kills me," Cara said and dashed off.

I got my binders and ran to my next class. It's History, though, but it's not that boring.

I'm Chrissy Costanza by the way and I'm already in 10th grade, 16 years of age, living with my sister Cara. She's 18 and she passed Harvard's, so next year she would fly to Massachusetts and study there. My parents were always busy about their damn jobs.

I arrived at my classroom. Luckily, our supposed teacher Mr Break isn't there. Hmmm, this isn't the usual case. Mr.Break was always early plus I always get caught late during his class, so where the hell is he? I wish he was absent and there's no substitute.

So, I was about to stand up when a middle-aged guy entered our room, and got a chalk starting to write his name. On the board was written "Mr. Teds".

"Okay, so I'm Mr. Teds and I'm going to be a substitute for Mr. Break because he had his leave for a month for some reason I don't know. So yeah, we will be together for the rest of the time he's gone," he said. He started off clapping once.

"Okay! So uhm, we are going to talk about European history today," Mr Teds said. "The early settlers to pre-historic Europe came during the Palaeolithic era. The adoption of agriculture around 7000BC ushered in the Neolithic age."

So Mr Teds started teaching and as always all of us focused on what the teacher says. He has great teaching, I'll admit, and he's not that kind of a boring History teacher, unlike Mr Charles, my 8th grade History teacher who was so boring and I'll tell you that you can fall asleep without noticing it. We wrote down some notes, and yeah, that's our dismissal coming up.

*bell rings*

"Okay class, for your homework, I want you to have a research about Christopher Columbus, okay? So see you tomorrow," he said and erased the writings on the board.

"I'm gonna stay up late again," Mace said and smiled to me.

"I know, right? Hey Mace, would you like to come over?" I asked her. Mace is my best friend, by the way.

"Sorry Chrissy, but I can't. My cousins will come over ours and I need to assist mom in cleaning the house," she said while quickly packing her things.

We left the room and went to our lockers along the corridor. I left my things in my locker except for History, of course.

"Look who's here." Ugh! That voice again.

"Come on Mace," I said and dragged her.

"Awe, they're gonna leave," Abigail said and put her hand to her chest. Abigail is my, well yeah, nemesis.

"Shut the fuck up Abby!" So she had her gals on me, and my things fell on the floor.

"Oh, my gosh!" Katie gossiped.

"Back off, Abby!" Mace said with an anger tone.

"Stay away nerd!" Abigail said.

And here goes my wonder woman. Hooray!

"What the hell is going on here? *looked at Abby* How many times would I have tell you Abigail to stay away from my sister and Mace?!" Cara, and of course looking like hell, shouted to Abigail and her team. Mace helped me to stand up and pick up my things.

Well of course, Abigail is scared of big sis Cara 'cause Abigail's mother is our mother's employee and she doesn't want to tell anybody that her mother works for us.

"Ugh, both of you, you will have another day so better watch out," Abigail whispered desperately.

"Shut up," Cara said.

We noticed that everybody's looking at us. "You two okay?" Cara asked.

"Yeah, kinda," I said and put all my things in my bag

"Hey Chrissy, I'm gonna go. Mom's already waiting for me outside," Mace said and left.

"Yeah sure! See you tomorrow," I replied.

"So?" I asked my sister and raised my eyebrow. I know that something is up because her locker is so far away from my mine and she won't go there for no reason at all.

"You know me well!" She said and pouted.

"Well, I don't have any money so don't ask for it," I said and leaned my back on the locker.

"It's not that! I will eat dinner with Johnson tonight and we will go to the amusement park so I can't eat dinner with you later," she said smiling like an idiot.

"K."

"Hey I promise I'll make it up to you and...." she lowered her voice, "....I liked Johnson ever since 8th grade."

"Fine, do I even have a choice?" I said

"Yay!" she screamed and hugged me tight.

"Can't....breathe..." I said and she let go.

"So see you later and I promise I will be home at 7:30 sharp!" she said and did the "pinky promise".

"Have fun and don't do anything stupid, okay?" I said and pointed my finger to her face.

She rolled her eyes and answered, "Ugh! Yes mom."

"Whatever!" I said.

"There are guys out there, you know," she suggested something, in which I understood, and wiggled her eyebrows.

"I'm busy studying and I really have no time for that," I said

"Take a break sis'," she said and smiled.

"No thank you, and go away!" I said and shooed her away.

"K. Bye sis', gonna text you later," she said and dashed off.

I looked at my watch and started walking to the front gate. I got my iPod on and put my earphones on my ears. So, what the heck am I gonna eat? Yeah, I know how to cook but I'm in not the mood. I forgot to borrow money from Cara so that I could order pizza. Ugh, I guess I'm gonna wait for her to come home.

Our house isn't that far from my school, it's only 2 blocks away. Ugh! I still have a lot of homeworks to do especially that thing in History, I think I'm also gonna stay up late for that research on Columbus. I hate my life.

It's just 4 in the afternoon and they are still going to be home late. Mom and Dad are always busy so they go home late at 10 in the evening, and they always leave early in the morning, having not enough time to spend with us. They've been like that since grandpa retired from managing his company, leaving my dad as replacement, so now he's stuck up with his job and they even forgot about my birthday last week. Cara felt so bad about it and she tried to talk to mom about it but she doesn't have that much time so I just kept myself busy with stuff.

I was almost home when someone shouted, "WATCH THE FUCK OUT!"

I turned around and saw a green hair dude with really pale white skin, skateboarding.

"Ouch!" I shouted. He hit me and landed on top of me.

"Sorry!" was all he could say and helped me stand up.