Chapter 2

My things scattered again. "It's fine," I said and he helped me pick up my things.

"Again, I'm so sorry," he said and picked up my books.

"That's fine," I replied.

"So, I'm Michael, and I just moved into the neighbourhood," he said and lended his hand proposing a handshake.

Am I supposed to trust this guy? "Oh, Michael, welcome to the neighbourhood!" I greeted him.

"Thanks and you are?" He asked while waiting for my hand to be shook.

"I'm not supposed to tell my name to anyone," I said and gave him a little smile.

"Oh, I see. Well I'm not a bad person, so nice meeting you, I'm not supposed to tell my name," he emphasized what I said as my given name and smiled to me, and then put his hand inside his pocket. I just smirked.

"Uhm, I need to go ‘cause I have a lot of things to do," I said and turned around. I walked the rest of the path to our house and got the door key from my pocket. I took a peek to see if he’s still there but he’s riding his skateboard again. I shut the door and put the keys to the key hanger. This is for us to know who is home.

Before I got upstairs, I checked the fridge and cabinets to see if there is something to eat. Ugh! No food. That means I need to go to the grocery. And I will just text Mom so that I can use her credit card.

I got upstairs to my room, put my bag on the study table and opened my window so some fresh air can enter my mildly humid room. I sat and listed down the things I should buy, and I was in the middle of listening to music when I heard his voice again.

"Uhm, hey so, can you please come with me to the grocery store? My uncle asked me to go to the grocery and buy us some food, well of course I'm new here and I don't------" And in that point, I cut him.

"Know where the groceries are? Yeah sure, I'm also to go there anyway," I said and smiled.

"Don't worry, I won't kidnap you or anything," he said.

"I didn't say you were gonna kidnap me," I said and rolled my eyes.

"I just don't want you to think anything stupid about me," he said.

"Yeah yeah, whatever," I said.

"So I’ll just wait for you outside?" he said and smiled. He already closed his window. I changed my pants to my denim shorts and go wear my flats. I went to mom’s bedroom and got her credit card from her drawer. I went down and got my keys then locked the door shut.

I saw him outside waiting from his car, which I’ve seen is an SUV. "Are you already 18?" I asked curiously.

"No, 16," he said and to my surprise to how good he was in driving school.

I climbed aboard the passenger’s seat. I picked out my iPhone from my pocket and texted mom.

To: Mom

Hey Mom, sorry to bother you but we’re all out of groceries so I’ve decided to buy some for our fridge and I'm going to use your credit card. Anyway, text me if you want something. 

Michael played some music, American Idiot by Green Day. He sang along with it the rest of the trip.

"Wow, you have a voice. I’m impressed," I said.

"Thanks," he said.

"So where were you from?" I asked him.

"Am I supposed to tell you?" He asked and chuckled.