Four

Two days later, my car was out of the ditch and diagnosed safe for my return home, after getting a new battery. Trace has made sure that I remember that we are married and he is the best lover ever.

  I also made sure that he had plenty to eat. I left several meals that all he had to do, is heat it up.

  I drive home and call to let him know that I made it.

  My boss called me that evening.  "Come to work tonight. People are asking about you."

  "Well hello to you too, Marcus! Yes I did get home safely. Thank you for asking!" I said sarcastically. "I'll be at work tomorrow, just as I told you that I would."

  "I need you to get here now! Business has been slowing down since you left."

   "Marcus! It is almost eight p.m., you'll be closed in an hour. I just got back home from an eighteen hour drive. You will see me tomorrow at nine o'clock." We argued about it for another few minutes before he hung up on me. "Asshole!"

  My life carries on as if nothing had happened. I talk to Trace every day for about an hour. I flew to Montana for a visit a few times.  

  We have been married for two months now and he is flying in tomorrow for a weekend visit. I have been feeling kinda nauseous the last few days. But think nothing of it.

  "Chef Tamara. There is a man out there that said he needs to speak with you." Mandy said as she came through the door to the kitchen.

  "I'm busy. Did he give a name?" I asked the head waitress. It was the end of my shift and I'm getting everything ready for chef Bentley.

  "No. He just said that he was very hungry. Something like hungry enough for ten people. He looks sexy as hell, though. If you don't want him, I will definitely take him!"

  I smiled as soon as she said that he is hungry. I knew exactly who was here. "She'd probably freeze him with just a look!" I heard a dishwasher say.

  I turned to give her my famous freezing stare. She turned to do her job. I turned back to Mandy. "He's married already. Did he say what he wants to eat?"

  "He said whatever you fix is good for him..... as long as it ends in a delicious dessert."

  "What table?"

  "Ten."

  "I got it covered. Tell him that I'll be out quickly." I rattled off a few sides to go with the t-bone steak and filet mignon, that I put on the heat. When it was done, I took off my smock and apron, then I took the plates in hand. "The kitchen is your's, chef Bentley!"

  "Yes ma'am! Enjoy!" I smiled at him as I went through the door to the dining room.

  I went to table ten and saw Mandy and Julia trying to flirt with Trace. He stood as I approached. "Hello sweetheart!"

  I laughed. "What? You can't tell me hello too?" I asked as I set his plates down.

  Trace laughed with me at our inside joke. Then gathered me into his arms and kissed me deeply. I heard the sound of gasps and a camera.

  Trace raises his head and looks at the two waitresses still standing there gawking at us.

I turned to them. "Trace, this is Mandy and Julia. Ladies, this is my husband, Trace McNeil. Now if you'll excuse us?" They just stood there, dumbfounded.  I turned them towards the rest of the room and pushed them to go.

  We sat to eat. I ate a chef's salad as he ate steaks. "You weren't supposed to be here until tomorrow." I said quietly.

  "I wanted to surprise you. And maybe see where you work."