15. With you

Jeongyeon

Today, I woke up dizzy. I looked at the clock and it's 10am. I glanced at Mina and she's still sleeping. She must pulled an all-nighter watching some Kdrama.

I tried to get up but my vision went blurry. I searched for something to hold unto but I accidentally hit my lamp and it fell on the ground.

Mina was awaken by the noise so I quickly tried to get up to clean the mess but she ran to me.

"Stay right there!" She commanded before pushing me to my bed and swept the floor.

She went back and placed the back of her palm on my forehead while holding her own forehead.

"You're hot." She declared.

"I know. I'm always hot." I chuckled.

"Silly. You have a fever." She said. Ow maybe that's why I'm dizzy.

"Do you have paracetamol or something?" She asked panicking a bit.

"I don't know. Try to look at the medicine cabinet downstairs. Mom isn't always around so I'm not sure." I told her.

She quickly went downstairs. I wanted to stand but my body is heavy and I feel dizzy so I decided to just stay on my bed.

Maybe a little sleep would help.

After some minutes, Mina is still not around. Maybe she didn't find one.

When she came back, Trails of sweat is running on her forehead and the hardship of going out and talking to stranger is visible to her. She looks very tired.

I know she didn't want to go out but she did to buy me medicine. Gosh I love her.

"Here's your water and meds. Drink the water but not the meds yet. You'll take that after you eat. I'll cook you something." She said fast like rapping.

"I'll help you." I said but she stopped me.

"No. You stay here and wait for me. Don't do something silly. Got me?" She raised an eyebrow so I nodded.

She's carrying a bowl of porridge when she came back. I insisted that I can feed myself but she didn't allowed me.

After eating, she told me to take rest while she's doing the dishes which I followed.

When I woke up, I that she fell asleep while looking after me. She's sitting on a chair and leaning her head on the side of my bed.

I looked at her closely, her perfect-shaped nose, her plump lips, her long eyelashes and her rosy red cheeks. If being sick means I got the chance to get close at her and watch her like this, I'd like to be forever sick.

My day dreaming was cut shortly when she let a small groan. Her back must be aching so I wake her up.

"Mina, wake up." I tapped her shoulder and she was startled.

"Do you need something? What time is it?" She asked with half-lidded eyes.

"It's two in the afternoon. Why are you sleeping there? You're back must be in pain." I said worriedly. "You could sleep here." I added and moved a little.

"I'm okay. I had enough sleep. I'll get you something to eat." She stood without waiting for me to answer and walked to the door while stretching her muscles.

I'm watching her peel the apples when she suddenly cut her finger.

I quickly snatched her finger to check it. Only then I saw some burns on her hand. I feel guilty.

I quietly reached my cabinet to get some disinfectants and band aid.

"Where did you get these burns?" I asked her as I treat her cut.

"It's nothing." She said avoiding my gaze.

"It must be from the porridge. Sorry." I said without looking at her.

"No. I told you it's nothing." She said tapping my head with her other hand.

"You know you don't need to take care of me." I told her.

"But I want to." She said making me look at her.

"Why?" I asked searching for her eyes.

She looked at me with the same intensity I'm giving. I'm searching through her soul. My heart is pounding, I wonder if she hears it. I'm waiting for her words that will either make me or break me.

"Because I like you." She said without breaking her gaze. I was left in awe. I can't believe this.

She likes me too!!!

The butterflies in my stomach are having their party when Mina snatched back her hand and stood so I stopped her.

"Forget it. It's just a little crush so you don't need to feel sorry for not feeling the same. It's okay. I know---" seems like she has no plans to stop so I cut her.

"Calm down woman. I never said I didn't like you. It's just that I cannot believe this. I'm so happy! I love you!" I exclaimed pulling her into a hug.

I can feel her risen her cheeks. I kissed her temple and whispered I love you before breaking the hug.

"Too short for the first hug." She complained.

"I still have a fever. I don't want to pass it to you." I said smiling at her.

"I'm not weak as you." She said before getting her laptop and snuggling herself beside me.

We spent the day watching on movies on her laptop. Before, i wonder how she can spend the whole day staring at that damn laptop but now, I think I can do it all day—as long as she's with me.