I Still Love You (Daryl x Cheyenne)

Request for dontboreme  

Cheyenne's POV: 

"Cheyenne...Cheyenne.....CHEYENNE!"

I jolted up from my once peaceful slumber looking around frantically. My eyes soon fell upon Michonne looking at me with her hands rested on her hips. "Ughhh it's too early," I said as I plopped back down onto my sleeping bag. I heard Michonne smack her teeth before I felt a slight tap on my calf. I didn't react knowing that it was one of Michonne's annoying attempts to get me up. Soon another kick came but this one was followed by a sharp pain causing me to wince in pain. "Ok ok, I'm up" I whined finally rolling out of the warmth of my blankets. "Why did you wake me anyways" I grumbled as I started to get dressed.

"We need you for a run," Michonne said, smirking at her victory. "We" I questioned changing my shirt. "Me and Daryl," Michonne said as her smirk grew and I froze, turning to look at her. She happened to be one of the few people that knew about my long time crush on the 40-year-old redneck. I could feel the blush rise to my cheeks as I thought about him but those thoughts were interrupted by Michonne's laughs of entertainment. "We leave in 5," She said, finally exiting my tent leaving me to my own thoughts. "This should be fun" I sighed as I continued getting dressed.

When I finished getting dressed I took a good look at myself in the broken mirror I had in my tent. "I look good," I said admiring my reflection. I wore a pair of black ripped jeans, a white crop top, and black combat boots. After I brushed out my hair I grabbed my machete and headed outside. When I stepped outside I took a deep breath of the warm breeze that flew past my face, surprisingly it was a nice day. I looked around smiling at everyone at camp when I spotted Daryl and Michonne taking among themselves by the pick-up truck we used for runs. I quickly made my way over causing them both to look in my direction. " Hey guys," I said cheerfully while Michonne gave me a nod as if to say 'hey'. "It's about damn time," Daryl said, giving me a look that I couldn't read. "Shut up Dixon" I spoke rolling my eyes as I walked to the passenger side of the truck. "You betta watch your mouth sunshine," Daryl said with a slight growl which sent a tingle down my spine.

 The drive to our destination was completely silent and It was driving crazy

The drive to our destination was completely silent and It was driving crazy. Without thinking I started digging around in the glove box looking for some type of CD. "Hey! What are you-" Daryl started but didn't finish as he saw me pull out my favorite CD with a wide grin on my face. "Don't. You. Dare" Daryl said already knowing what I was implying. I quickly slipped the CD in as my favorite song started to play

Seasons change and our love went cold
Feed  the flame 'cause we can't let go
Run away, but we're running in circles
Run away, run away
I dare you to do something
I'm  waiting on you again, so I don't take the blame
Run away, but we're running in circles
Run away, run away, run away