Chapter 1

As the plane landed, tears were still strolling down my cheeks. I had been crying the whole flight. I tried to control myself, but luckily the plane noise was pretty loud that no one really heard me. Since I was a minor, I was sitting at the back of the plane with no one, since there were no other minors boarding. I looked outside and the plane had stopped. People started to unbuckle their seatbelts. I wiped my tears quickly so that the flight attendants wouldn't suspect anything. I didn't want to have to tell them about what had happened back in Honduras....
"Hey, so we're just gonna wait for the rest to leave. Alright?" the flight attendant said to me sweetly. I nodded and tried to smile. Without even looking, I knew my eyes were red, so I avoided eye contact. Once everyone was off, the flight attendant kindly got my bag from the upper compartment and handed it down to me.
"Thank you," I said and smiled slightly. She nodded and smiled. We walked down the aisle and out of the plane. She handed me to another worker. That worker took me to the door that lead to where people would get picked up.
"Now, who's coming to pick you up? Mom? Dad? Auntie?" I looked down, trying not to cry when I heard "mom" and "dad".
"A-A family friend," I stammered. She nodded.
"Alright, I'll just need to call someone to make sure they're the right person. Can I have your mom's phone number? Or dad?" I sighed shakily.
"Um....you see, my parents didn't buy my plane ticket....." I said and looked up at her.
"Oh, alright. Guardian?"
"Well here's the thing....um-," I was cut off by my phone ringing.
"This is probably him. The family friend," I said and answered. "Schneider?"
"Hey, kiddo. I'm out here, you ready?" He said in his upbeat voice. He was always so weird and happy.
"Yeah, um it's just that I don't know how to explain the situation to the flight attendant-,"
"No problem. Just pass the phone, I got this."
"I don't think that's a good idea." He sighed.
"Fine. Just try your best," he said.
"Ok." I hung up.
"So? Who am I calling?"
"Well, the thing is, my parents they um....." I couldn't. I hadn't spoken about this to anyone since it happened.
"My parents died in a car crash. We used to live here and have a family friend who would take care of me sometimes when we did live here. He's the one who bought the ticket. He's the one who's my guardian now." I took a huge sigh and was surprised I got through that without crying. I looked up at her. She had a sympathetic expression on her face.
"Oh, honey, I'm so sorry. Just let me call your guardian, yeah?" I nodded and dialed him. I passed it to her and we walked through the door. She walked me to where he was.
"Thank you," he said and smiled. She nodded and patted me on the shoulder before leaving. I looked at Schneider and smiled. I ran into him, hugging him. He took a second to take it in and hugged back.
"Hey, kiddo. I'm-I'm really sorry about what happened," he said and looked down at me. I nodded.
"Missed you," I said and wiped a tear I hadn't noticed was there.
"I missed you too, kid." We walked to his car and drove to his apartment.
"We're here," he said. He got my bag and we went inside. We finally got to the floor where his apartment was and went in.
"Here is the guest room, which is now your room," he said and smiled. I smiled and went in. It was pretty spacious. He put my bags down somewhere.
"Hey, if you need anything, you know you can ask, okay?" I nodded.
"I'm heading to the Alvarez's, remember them?" My face brightened a bit. I could never forget them. I could never forget Penelope and Lydia being so welcoming. Them treating me like family. The talks I'd have Elena. And Alex. The huge crush I had on Alex.....
"Oh, yes please! I missed them," I said and got up.
"Okay," he chuckled. "Let's go." I nodded and went with him. I was still a little sad, but was super happy that I was gonna see my second family again. Schneider barged into the home. Just like old times. When I walked in, I couldn't believe my eyes.

Hope you enjoyed! This one was mostly the backstory but don't worry. Time will have to pass before Alex and y/n start to catch feelings again. Hope ur enjoying quarantine.