Wish I Were Her

[ Au where Kenma has a sister, and yeah, it's kinda angsty. ]

A lovely night of December, and the snow was falling gracefully. The dark sky looked so pretty, along with the stars that seemed to watch us chuckling with your silly ideas. A cold breeze went through us, yet the warmth of your smile kept me staring at you.

It was a sight that people used to see. You, and I sitting under that old tree. It was our haven, where we shared our thoughts, secrets and the side of us that only us would know.

"If only you knew," I mumbled to myself, only to hug myself because, of course, you wouldn't want to know these chambered feelings inside me.

You gave a soft gaze that seemed to melt me. I let out an exasperated sigh, watching as you remove your sweater and put it on me. 

"It looks better on you."

"It's comfy," I commented, amused by how bigger it is than me. I rubbed my hands together, feeling the night was colder than it used to be.

The silence between us was comfortable, yet terrifying because I've always been vulnerable with you. That you can always break me, whenever you want to.

 And I would still forgive you, even if you did.

"Why are we here again?" I asked, that I didn't know I would regret doing so. 

"I like your sister." You stood up, taking a few steps away from me and made up a mesmerized smile. "I need your help."

I know. I know. You've liked her for so long. I saw how your eyes lit up so bright whenever he passes your sight. I watched you carefully as you watch her tuck her hair behind her ear. You were too enthralled with her angelic beauty, and I can't even hate her.

"Of course. I'll help you." It killed me, but if you're happy. Why wouldn't I?

Your smile widened, jumping in joy now that you had a bigger chance with her. You grabbed my hand, pulling me towards you and embraced me as if I am the person you love.

And I am not.

"Hey! It's cold outside. Mom said that you both should enter." It was her, with bewitching voice that charmed you completely. I pushed your body away from me, motioning you to approach her and leave me. You ran towards her, of course. You were too excited to see her.

The night. It was still pretty. With stars and the cloud that brought the snow, it was aesthetically pleasing.

But it will never be the same again.