Chapter 4. I died by running into a wall. I'm just that epic.

“I have all your names here in this hat. I will pick two names at a time and you will be paired together. Your two will choose a song off this list I give you and then, when it’s time, sing it in front of the group.” Mr. Cameron explained. I’m not ready for this. I’m not ready for this. I’m not ready for this.

Mr. Cameron stuck his hand in the hat and pulled out two pieces of paper. WAIT A MINUTE! Where did that hat come from? Oh my gosh that guy has a magical hat that can transport. A TRANSPORTING HAT! I know what I want to put on my Christmas list.

Santa, I hope your reading this.

“First group... Lina Mines and Justin Bieber.” He read off. They both walked up on stage.

You could tell Lina was trying hard not to scream. Justin looked a bit worried. Nobody blames him. Unless you count Lina. I went to high school with her and I know she’d probably cry. She dressed up as Selena for Halloween, claiming that Justin would kiss her when she saw her. I also knew she would chop off anyone’s head who argued with her about Justin Bieber.

After they got the song list, they went backstage to practise the song.

I waited for my name to be called. Matt was paired with Ariana Grande. I knew they would do amazing together as Matt was also in the Musical Theatre major and had a voice like Bruno Mars but better. Selena was paired with a boy named Jarred who screamed in joy when he found out who he was paired with.

“Beth Reeves and Revy James.” I was called. Great. I am not trying to diss Revy or anything but that girl can’t sing. She is in the dance major and she is great at that. Just not singing.

We walked onto the stage. I was handed one of the lists from Mr. Cameron. I took a look at Revy to see her smiling like a maniac. It can’t be that exciting to be my partner.

We then walked to the back of the stage where there was a door. I opened it and walked into the back area. Usually it was very messy, I would know, sometimes a very mean substitute- Mrs. Pickles. Her really name is Mr. Nickels- makes the freshman’s (ME!) clean when we have extra time. Go chores!

Revy and I sat down in the corner. I looked down at the list.

I want it that way- Backstreet boys.

Hey there Delilah- Plain White Tees.

As Long As You Love me- Justin Bieber.

Etc

“Do you want to do Secrets by One Republic?” Revy asked me. I shook my head. Don’t get me wrong I love that song but I don’t think it shows off vocal strength as much as others.

“How about If I Were a Boy?” I asked her. She nodded eagerly.

We were then informed we had an hour to practise by some random staff guy in a head set. Jeez people you would think that this was a reality show. I hope I didn’t just jinx that.

Then on we went straight to practise. I didn’t allow us to have longer than five minute brakes. I can get distracted easily but when I want something this bad I will give my full attention and try my absolute hardest.