Chapter 1

Katy's POV

I woke up and sat up on the bed before looking around, trying to find my boyfriend but he was nowhere to be seen. We have been together for three years now and I loved him with my whole heart. I felt like he was the one and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. I had never had luck with boys but he was different. He cared for me and always tried to cheer me up when I was upset. He was truly one of the kind and out of so many beautiful girls out there he picked me. There was nothing special about me really. I've always struggled to keep a job and had to find different ways to pay for my rent. I couldn't ask my parents for help because the last time I talked to them was on my eighteenth birthday. We had a huge fight then and I packed my bags and left so it was never at option. It would just prove to them that I was childish and couldn't survive on my own. But I have always been stubborn so I wouldn't just go to them and said I was wrong, oh no. Even if I had to live on the street, I wouldn't come back. I met Orlando through my friend and helped me a lot and let me work in his mum's restaurant as a waitress. It might not be my dream work but it was something at least. It helped me standing on my own feet and later on we fell in love. I smiled at the memory and checked my phone to see if he left me a message as I didn't recall him telling me he had something important to do in the morning. I locked my phone as I heard footsteps getting close to the bedroom. Looking up at the door, I saw him walking in with a tray. Smelling the breakfast, I giggled softly as he passed it to me. I looked at the food and a single rose as my smile got even bigger. It was so sweet of him. He woke up early to make me breakfast in bed even though he loved to stay in bed in the mornings. I looked up into his eyes and caressed his cheek.

"Good morning darling" he said and kissed my lips as he sat down next to me. I began to eat as the food was delicious and I loved when he cooked. His meals always turned out much better than the ones I did but he never complained. I fed him also making him chuckle as there was enough food for the both of us. "I want to take you on a date tonight. What do you think?" he asked wrapping his arm around me and I nodded with my mouth full of food. I got excited hearing about the date since we haven't had much time for ourselves because of his work. He worked in a big corporation and was often away on business trips or had to stay late at work and when he came back home at night, I would be already asleep. I missed spending time with him but I understood that the work was the most important right now as he was trying really hard to get a promotion.

I soon finished the breakfast and Orlando took the tray away while I was getting dressed to work. Sighing lightly, I put my hair in a bun and did a light makeup before going to him as I didn't feel like going there today and would love to just stay with him and snuggle. I pecked his lips and wrapped my arms around his neck. I giggled, feeling his hands on my hips as he pulled me even closer and pressed his lips again mine once again. I deepened the kiss as I played with his hair but eventually pulled away as I had to leave. I couldn't be late again so I unwrapped my arms and grabbed my coat before leaving the flat. I went to the bus stop and got to the restaurant I work in. I got changed into my uniform and grabbed my notebook and a pen. I went to an old couple who sat in the back and I took their order.

I kept working, taking the orders and cleaning up the whole restaurant as hours went by and it began to get late. I looked at the time and got changed back into my clothes as everyone else left. I swept the floor and wiped the counters making sure everything was clean and ready for tomorrow morning. I locked the restaurant before catching a bus back home. I quickly took a shower and washed my hair. I wrapped a towel around my body and went to the closet. I spent there a bit too much time trying to pick a perfect dress. I put it on as well as a golden necklace and earrings before curling my hair as that's how I liked them the most. I looked at myself in the mirror and added red lipstick. As I was doing it, I heard the front door open, knowing it's Orlando and we should get going. I made sure I looked good and put on my high heels. I quickly went to him not wanting to make him wait for too long and I smiled seeing a bouquet of my favourite flowers.

"You didn't have to Lando." I murmured taking them. I put them in a vase and smelled them. He held my hand as we left the flat and went to his car. He helped me getting into the passenger seat as I rolled my eyes playfully. I watched him as he went to his side and got in also. He started the car as I turned on the radio. Resting his hand on my thigh, he drove to a posh restaurant as I watched him happily. I put my hand on top of his and looked out of the window, thinking how amazing of a boyfriend he was. He was almost too good to be true and I was truly grateful to have him. I took his hand and kissed the top of it as I heard him chuckle. I grinned and I looked at him as we reached our destination. He helped me getting out of the car making me giggle softly as it made me feel like a child. We walked into the restaurant hand on hand and sat down before picking our meals. The waitress took our orders as he held my hand the whole time and looked into my eyes. My cheeks got a bit red as he was making me shy and I sipped my wine trying to relax. He stroked the top of my hand as he kept watching me.

"Would you like to have a child?" he asked as I looked back at him a bit surprised not expecting to hear that from him. I have never thought he wanted children as we didn't even talk about it. In fact I thought he disliked them as he used to say they were loud and irritating. "We've been together for over three years and I think it would be nice to start a family." he murmured, playing with my fingers. I gazed at him speechless as I couldn't say anything. I felt like I forgot how to speak and I didn't know what to say anyway. I wasn't sure if I wanted a baby or if I was ready to have one. It was a big responsibility and I was scared I would be on my own with it because Orlando worked a lot. I noticed he started to become upset the more he waited for the answer and he let go of my hand as he nodded slowly.

The waitress brought our food and I looked up at her before thanking her. I watched her leave and turned back to Orlando. "We could try." I said softly and began to eat. He gave me a big smile and I returned it, not sure if I was really ready to be a mother but it sounded nice. A child would bring us even closer to each other and our home wouldn't be so quiet anymore. I smiled even more imagining us with our little baby as I began to like his idea more and more. It couldn't be that bad anyway and I've always been good with children. When I was younger, I used to babysit some of my neighbours' kids and they never complained. Well, maybe a little when I was giving their children sweets. I gazed at Orlando as he ate, knowing he would be an amazing father to our children and would love them even more than he loves and cares for me.