Chapter 6

Katy's POV

Rubbing my small baby bump, I watched myself in the mirror. I admired the little bump I had been waiting for so long to appear as it was finally there and it all started to feel real. It was now visible for the whole world to see and looking at it was making me so unbelievably happy. It was more than I've ever wanted and imagined it to be. Being pregnant was truly magical, feeling the baby move around in your belly, switching positions trying to get comfortable. I could just sit all day and enjoy the baby's movements. The thought of having another human being inside you used to be crazy to me until I tried it myself. I didn't want this pregnancy to end but I was already six months. It all went by so fast and I hated the fact that the baby began to show so late. I wanted to keep every moment of it and treasure it forever. This pregnancy was my source of happiness and love.

Taking my hand away, I got dressed and went to the kitchen to get something for breakfast as I once again was all alone since Orlando left for a business trip. I grabbed an apple as I didn't feel like cooking and checked the time. I took my bag and left the flat as I was still working and didn't really want to stop as I'd have to sit at home on my own all day. I didn't even want to think about it and if it was possible, I wanted to work till my due date. I just couldn't be left with only my thoughts while Orlando was at work at the time. I slowly walked to the bus stop and saw there a woman with a little girl. I smile at her lightly as I put my hand under my baby bump. The girl giggled as she showed me her baby doll. "She's really pretty." I murmured as she blushed. I watched her with a smile until my bus arrived. I got on the bus and sat in the back as I looked out of the window. The little girl waved me goodbye as I giggled softly and waved back.

Getting to work, I changed into my working uniform as my baby bump is even more visible in it than in my dress but it wasn't a problem as my boss was Orlando's mum. I began to wipe the tables as some people were already waiting for their orders. I heard someone come in and I grabbed my notebook and pen  before turning to our new costumer. I came to his table and twisted my pen ready to write down his order. "Hello, what would you like" I began as I looked up and noticed it was the guitarist I met in the club that night. "Robert?" I asked slowly, a little surprised as I didn't expect to see him ever again. Well, at least not here. He smiled up at me as he looked surprised too but his smile dropped when he looked at my baby bump. I felt bad but I couldn't tell him he was the father. It would ruin his whole life or career and I didn't want that.

"So what would you like to get?" I asked after a couple of minutes as we just stared at each other awkwardly. He finally gave me his order and I took it to the kitchen. I waited there for the cook to make it as I didn't want Robert to look at me. He was making me nervous which was making me also nauseous. His appearance made me so stressed and now that he knew I was pregnant was making it even worse. I couldn't tell him that I cheated on my boyfriend with him and the whole baby thing was ridiculous. Orlando thinking it's his baby and now of course Robert had to show up to make it more difficult for me. Taking his order, I came to him with the plate and black coffee he ordered. I put everything on the table as he thanked me and our eyes once again met. I began to feel dizzy as my head spun. My legs got weaker and felt like jelly. He saw me becoming more pale and sweaty and he helped me sitting down at his table. Resting my elbows on the countertop, I put my face in my hands as I tried to calm myself down. I heard Robert going somewhere but I didn't have the power to pick my head up. I didn't want to throw up especially not in here and I knew Orlando's mum couldn't find out I wasn't doing well. She would send me home and told me not to come back but I couldn't spend the next three months at home non stop. Feeling his hand on my shoulder, I looked up and he passed me a glass of water. I drank it and it made me feel a bit better.

After asking my boss for permission to leave early, Robert helped me out of the restaurant and we sat on a bench in the park. "So you're having a baby." he said softly as I looked down at my lap and played with the end of my dress. I so badly wanted to tell him the truth but I couldn't. It would destroy everything. I had to keep it to myself. It was my little secret and it had to stay like that for as long as possible. If Orlando found out about it, I would have nowhere to go and would end up with no money and a baby on the way. "We're having." I whispered and covered my mouth immediately as I wasn't planning on saying it out loud. I slowly looked up at him hoping he didn't hear it but the look on his face told me that he did hear it damn well. I felt my eyes getting watery as I wasn't ready for questions and I regretted leaving the restaurant with him. I should have gone home right away and told him I was fine. But like always I had to make this stupid decision and listen to my heart which was telling me that he deserved to know.

"I'm so sorry. It was all a mistake a-and I have a boyfriend." I said quickly as I held my handbag tightly and stood up. Not looking at him, I rushed out of the park and got home as quick as possible. I locked the door and went to the couch breathing heavily. What if he tried to find me? Everything would be ruined. I couldn't let it happen but now he knew where I worked.. Oh God what have I done. What was I supposed to do? I knew he was too good and didn't deserve any of this. He was just so loving and caring. He even showed it today when he helped me at my work. And all I did was tell him he would be a father in a couple of months and run away leaving his on his own with the big news and probably so many questions.