Chapter 7

Rob's POV

"We're having." she said as my eyes widened. She immediately covered her mouth, not believing she said it too. I looked down at her baby bump, wanting to put my hands on it but I knew it was wrong. We knew nothing about each other. We literally have met for the first time and fucked. I've never seen her after that one night but I couldn't stop thinking about her. She sure was something special and I wanted to get to know her better. It was okay if she didn't want it though. She was way out of my league and deserved someone better who would be there for her everyday and give her all of his love. Looking back up at her face, I saw a tear rolling down her cheek as it broke my heart seeing her like this. "I'm so sorry. It was all a mistake a-and I have a boyfriend." she whispered and rushed out of the park. I sat on the bench confused as I watched her leave. I was too shocked to run after her at that moment. She had just told me I was the father of her child. I knew I would love this baby so much but only if she let me and it didn't look like it. I wasn't sure what she was doing as she said she had a boyfriend. Was she lying to him? Or did he know that she cheated? I would probably never find out the truth but I couldn't force her to leave him and be with me.

Smiling sadly, I stood up and slowly walked towards my flat as it started to rain. Some kids ran in my direction as they wanted to get home quickly. I took the long way home as I didn't feel like sitting in my flat on my own and needed some fresh air to clear my mind. The rain didn't bother me at all as it matched my mood perfectly right now. It's not like I was unhappy about having a child. It was an amazing news but how was I supposed to be happy when I couldn't be there? I couldn't watch our baby grow in her belly, go to the scan appointments with her, talk to her baby bump. I was about to miss it all. I already was missing it as her belly started to show and she probably could feel the baby move in there. I sighed lightly as I didn't know what to do. I wanted to be there but I didn't want to destroy her relationship as she probably was happy with that boyfriend of hers.

Getting to my flat, I opened the front door and walked in before taking off my soaked clothes. I got changed into the sweatpants I left on the couch and I went to my bedroom. I sat down on the bed remembering the night I met Katy. I chuckled to myself at the random thought. She looked so stunning that night and was just so adorable that I couldn't take my eyes off her when we played. Even Florence noticed it and told me after the show to find her and talk to her. I had to admit that it was all worth it as she turned out to be a beautiful person outside and inside and talking to her was a pleasure. I could be doing it for hours and never get tired of her smooth voice. I was obsessed with her little giggles and just after that one night I knew I was trapped. I couldn't go a day without thinking about her. I was praying to finally bump into her somewhere as I didn't know anything about her other than her name. I thought it would never happen until today when I saw her in the restaurant. I had to walk in and see her again. Even just to make sure she was alright. Deep down I hoped she was thinking about me too but now I knew she never did.

I looked out of the window as it stopped raining and I couldn't focus on anything else than Katy and our baby. I had to find out where she lived and talk to her. I couldn't let her having this baby just for herself. I was the father and I wanted to be involved. I didn't give a damn about her guy anymore. If they were so in love, she wouldn't have gone to bed with me. I put on some different clothes and went back to the restaurant, not really having a good plan. I wasn't sure what I would tell her yet but I would make something up. Walking into the restaurant, I saw a new waitress and I went to her as I sighed lightly. I asked about Katy but she had already finished her shift. I told her that I was an old friend and wanted to surprise her and she gave me her address. Holding the small piece of paper with the street and the number of her house, I left the restaurant and went in right direction ready to face her. I got her a small bouquet of flowers, wanting to prove her that I was a good man and wasn't looking for just an one night stand. On my way there I tired to think of what to say as I wanted to put it into words nicely and show her that I really cared and she wasn't alone with it. I was ready to face the consequences and I wanted her to know that. I would help her no matter what. I have always wanted to be a father. Maybe it wasn't how I expected it to happen but this little one was a blessing and if God wanted it this way, then I was down and ready to deal with it.

Arriving in her neighbourhood, I checked the number again and looked around for the right house. I soon found it and went to the front door. I didn't see a car anywhere so I wasn't sure if she was home. On the other hand I didn't even know if she had a car as I saw her walking away. Minutes went by and I couldn't force myself to ring the bell. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea as she might get mad at me when she sees me. My hands became sweaty and I knocked on the door softly, being too afraid to press the bell button. I waited a bit but no one answered the door. Maybe I knocked to weakly and she didn't hear? Or maybe she saw it was me and didn't want to open? Taking a deep breath, I knocked once again a bit harder and I looked down at the flowers I got for her. No one answered this time too and I turned around before starting to walk back with my head hanging low. As I went down the two steps and got to the pavement, I heard the door open. "Rob?" A soft voice asked and I turned back to the house and looked at Katy as she stood there with her hand on the baby bump.