TWO ━ ❝fatal attraction❞

◤ chapter two: ❛ fatal attraction ❜ ◢

chapter two: ❛ fatal attraction ❜ ◢

    THE START OF A NEW SCHOOL YEAR WAS NOT MONUMENTAL IN THE WHITTEMORE HOUSEHOLD. Maybe it would have been if both Whittemore boys were attending their junior year (only one more until applying to colleges and deciding their futures forever), but Jackson was gone. It was only Cooper there, and it wasn't like his parents were ever taking pictures for the first day to mark their growth before or anything.

No, to them it was just another normal day, except that Cooper wasn't going to spend most of his time at the house if he didn't have anything else to do because he actually had to attend classes again which was fucking great and he totally didn't miss that.

But summer was the end of a lot of things. It was the end of every week day trainings with Julia so he could hone his skills and not be a walking magnet of attraction and allure every single day just in case the wrong kind of hunter came into town, like Gerard Argent and his crew had. It was the end of losing himself and allowing himself to be seen and heard as who he was because school didn't care about who you were, only who you presented yourself and Beacon Hills High had already decided that Cooper was nothing more than a player.

And they were right. He was a player, he liked sex, and he couldn't help but pull people in and seduce them. It was so easy, to engrained in him, always there even before the bite Derek Hale gave him truly brought that to light. He was always charismatic and people naturally gravitated to him, the bite just magnified that and made it a whole lot worse.

School was also the beginning of a lot of things. Of playing into his roll of a sex addict and nothing else, of figuring out what the hell kind of mad deer ran into the windshield of Lydia's car, and of trying to be just another normal teenager who totally was not supernatural at all. Nope. Not him. He totally wasn't a siren who pulled people in because the myths said that he lured men to their deaths and while that wasn't all true he definitely did reel people in, and his songs could kill someone but that wasn't the only thing about him.

His song could deafen for a second or for forever, it could make you fall in love with a single note, and it could stop your heart instantly depending on how he sung it. But the thing was, singing a siren's song took a whole lot more work than just singing, it took fine tuning to use the right now when he needed it and not the wrong one which could potentially end in death and Cooper was too young to be a murderer if he did say so himself.

He felt a buzz in his back pocket so he pulled out his phone, seeing that Jackson was calling him. His lips twitched upward when he saw it and didn't hesitate to accept the call. "What's up?" he asked into the phone.

"Heard it was your first day back, had to give you a call."

Cooper shook his head, bustling around his phone to grab his bag before heading out. "Yep. Junior year, heard it's a big one. Would've been bigger with you."