CHAPTER 32

"AVERY." The brunette girl turned to see Jasper jogging up to her, "Clarke and Finn aren't back yet."

"Bellamy said not to be out past dark." Avery sighed, "Do you think they're in trouble?"

"I don't know. Do you want to send out a search party?" Jasper asked,

"Not yet, it's not safe. But, I'll ask Bellamy." Jasper nodded and Avery left to go to Bellamy's tent.

"Hey, Bell." Avery called out, walking into the tent, "Clarke and Finn-" She paused when she saw Bellamy and Raven standing there, both topless, "Oh, god!" Avery quickly covered her eyes, "Um, nevermind. It can, uh, wait till you're finished I guess."

She quickly turned and left the tent, "Avery, wait!"

Bellamy caught up to her, putting his shirt back on, "It wasn't what it looked like."

Avery shook her head, "Doesn't matter. It's none of my business." Her voice cracked and she mentally kicked herself, 

"Can we talk about this?" 

"Look, Clarke, Finn, and the other boy, Myles, are missing. They haven't come back yet and it's well after dark. I was going to send out a search team... but I thought I should ask you first."

"It's too dangerous." Bellamy responded, "We should wait-"

"Why? You scared, Blake?" Avery crossed her arms, "We're going out there with or without you."

He sighed, "Give me five minutes."

The five of them headed out into the woods, using Raven's new walkies. Avery played with the handle of the knife on her hip, ready to use it if needed.

"Avery, can we talk?" Bellamy asked from her left.

She refused to look at him, "You know, the louder we are, the easier the Grounders can take us out."

"Can't you just let me speak?" He sighed angrily, "I want to explain-"

"You don't have to explain anything, Bellamy." Avery hissed quietly.

"I thought you said you were heading west. Where are you?" Monty asked through the walkie-talkie,

Bellamy stared at her in frustration before answering, "Just keep the moon on your left, and you'll find us."

"Is anyone else hearing this signal?" The boy asked,

"Just keep your eyes open." Raven responded,

"I think it's the same thing we heard in the black box." Monty continued,

"Damn it, Monty, pay attention." Bellamy sighed, "Do you see anything?" Monty didn't respond, "Report."

There was a screech and static coming through the radio and Avery grabbed it from Bellamy's hands, "Monty? Monty!?"

"There's someone in the bushes." Raven said over the radio.

Bellamy raised his rifle, "Stay behind me." He ordered Avery.

The brunette girl rolled her eyes and jogged past him and over to the girls, who were a few hundred meters away. Bellamy ran to catch up and pulled her behind him. The three of them raised their rifles as they pulled the branches back,

"Myles?"

The boy groaned in pain and Avery pushed past Bellamy to get to him, "Myles, what happened?"

"Where are they? Clarke and Finn, where are they?" Raven questioned and Avery rolled her eyes at the lack of concern for the boy who had arrows sticking out of him,

"Grounders took them." Myles answered.

Bellamy crouched beside her, "Take it easy. We have to get him back to camp."

"Bell, what about Clarke and Finn?" Octavia asked,

Avery looked over at him, "Octavia, Monty and I can stay out here looking if you and Raven want to take him back." She suggested and Bellamy narrowed his eyes at her,

"I'm not leaving you out here." Bellamy responded. Raven stood and backed away, "Raven, I'm sorry." 

"We need to make a stretcher." She said before walking away.

Bellamy raised the radio to his mouth, "Monty, we're heading home. You copy?"

Everyone turned to look at Bellamy as Monty failed to respond, "Monty, can you hear me? Monty... Monty, where the hell are you? Report. Monty..."

"Shit." Avery sighed.

They had lost another one.