Chapter Four

"Remind me to not go dressed as Wendy the next time we go." I laugh as I walk out of our hotel bathroom, brushing my hair.

"Why? You looked super cute." Lauren laughed.

"Thank you, I thought so too but uh some kids mistook me as the actual Wendy and I had to put on this terrible British accent and I also um-" I trailed off.

"You also what?" She asked, sitting up on her bed.

"I had to kiss Peter." I said very quickly.

"Emma! You kissed Peter?!" She yelled.

"Shh, we are in a hotel room! But yes. And it was so awkward." I groaned.

"Maybe that kiss meant something to him." She said smirking at me.

"No. Don't be getting any ideas Laur, he was just doing his job." I laughed, throwing a pillow at her. "How was hanging out with Snow White?" I asked.

"Oh awesome. Snow White is very funny and actually sarcastic, which I found surprising. And of course, the Evil Queen made a few appearances." She laughed.

"Hey the Evil Queen came over to Peter's section too! Man she gets around." We both laughed and stayed up all night talking about our favorite parts of today. We have enough money to at least go back once, maybe even twice. I felt a deep, empty pit in my stomach. Like something was missing. I thought that after I met Peter Pan, my favorite character in the world, that I would be happy and my troubles would melt away. But that empty feeling was still there.  I just couldn't wait to see Peter again.

The Next Morning

When I woke up, Lauren was already in the shower getting ready to take on the day. That's where her and I are different. I am very much not a morning person and she wakes up every morning ready to tackle any of life's problems. Sometimes I wish I could do that. I mean I totally could if I tried but I guess I don't care enough to change that. I'm perfectly fine with not being a morning person.

"Hey so I was thinking we go to a few stores today. I mean we could go back Disneyland today but I thought we should have a little day to ourselves, and go back tomorrow." Lauren said, coming out of the bathroom.

"Yeah no, I totally agree. Maybe we can find some cute clothes to wear tomorrow." I said, gathering all my essentials to go shower.

"Ooh yes, I love how you think. Go shower so we can get this show on the road." She said as she did a little dance.

I laughed, "Okay, okay I'm going." I walked into the bathroom and grabbed my phone to play some music. Right before I pressed play I got a text from my mother.

When are you coming home?

soon.

Was all I said. She was the main reason I don't want to go back. I always have to be doing something. Like working some high-end job, go to college for even longer, and finding the perfect boy to marry. That's where my mother and I clashed heads. Ever since I turned eighteen she's been trying to find me the 'perfect husband'. I've gone on some pretty bad dates and just got out of a terrible relationship with a boy who my mother claims is still the one. Even after everything he did to me.

I let out a deep breathe before stepping into the shower and feeling the nice warm water hit my skin. I tried to forget about my mom and back home. I didn't want to ruin this day for me or for Lauren. I stood in the shower for a few minutes, gathering my thoughts before washing up and getting out. I picked a pretty simple outfit for today. I grabbed my brush and starting brushing my hair while getting my bag/purse ready for the day.