Walk down memory lane

*2 years ago*

Mia's POV
Today is my 11th birthday! I woke up at 6 am to get all dressed up for my special day. My family always made sure to make me feel like a princess on my birthday. I got out of the shower in my Dora the explorer robe I put on the outfit my mom and I had bought at the mall earlier this week.
(Her outfit)

I heard my big brother Eli shout my name from the kitchen so I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen

I heard my big brother Eli shout my name from the kitchen so I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Happy birthday nugget I knew you'd be awake right now so I made you some pancakes! Eat up baby" Eli said enthusiastically. I had the biggest smile on my face since pancakes are my favourite breakfast food. I gave Eli a kiss on the cheek and started eating my pancake. By the time me and Eli finished eating it was 8:30, I heard mom and dad coming down the stairs so I jumped up to go greet them. "There's the birthday princess! My baby girl is growing up too fast! SHRINK! SHRINK RIGHT NOW"! daddy said as he picked me up and set me on his hip. "Daddy I can't stop growing silly, I'm a big girl now"! I said as I gave dad a tight hug then mom came and hugged me. "I love you so much baby girl no matter how old you get you'll always be my little girl, my only girl", mom said. "I love u more mommy" I said as I hugged her back. Just then my other brothers filed into the kitchen one by one all wishing me a happy birthday and giving me kisses. "Hard to believe the little trouble makes is 11 now, it feels like yesterday when I picked you up for the first time then dropped you" Blake said as he ruffled my hair. "Hey! I have a dent on my head because of you!" I said laughing. Me and Eli sat at the dining table while the rest ate their breakfast. I was impatient because we were going to go to the zoo, I LOVED the zoo I'd go there everyday if I could. Once everyone put their dishes away I rushed everyone to get ready quickly. After a long and painful 1 hour everyone was ready and at the door. We would usually only take 1 car for a family trip but my dad decided it would be best if Blake drove half of us  and dad drive the other half. Mom, dad, me, and Eli rode together while Blake,Charlie, and gage drove together. The drive to the zoo was so fun we sang our hearts out to the songs on the radio and opened our windows on the highway which did ruin my hair. When we got there dad quickly bought our tickets and we were on our way to look at the animals. We went to the lions pen first since they were my favourite animals, they were just so courageous and fierce and that's how I wanna be. I envied the lions, everyone was scared of them, in their society they were the top of the food chain. No one looked down on them. I wish I could be a lion at school, I wish I could roar and scare away all the mean people that pick on me at school. Time went by extremely fast before we knew it we had been at the zoo for 8 hours! The sun had set and we made our way to the parking lot. Dad said that he and mom had to go visit our aunt since she was moving to New York i tried to persuade them to let me come but they said they would return home with the birthday cake. Ultimately, me and Eli went home with Blake. When we returned home I started to feel really tired, I tried to push my sleepiness away but I was loosing that fight. Eli had seemed to take notice, "baby, I know your tired come lay your head on my lap and sleep for a bit I'll wake you up when mom and dad come home" Eli said from the couch. I walked over to him and laid my head in his lap "don't forget to wake me up when mom and dad come home" I said before my eyes fluttered shut. I heard mumbling and made it out to be an "ok".