Orias

"And so the two rulers, Oliver and Mephisto, started a great war. Luckily we found ourselves on the right side of this war. Those evil fairies dared to disobey our king. And that is the story of the great war of Arcadia and Pandemonium and how a once united kingdom became split. One side fairies and other lightfolk. And our side demons and other darksiders."

 This was the first time I had ever heard about the other side of the world. I was 5, only 5 years old and already being groomed to hate them. I mean I suppose it was inevitable, I'm the 'Demon King's' son after all so one day I'll have to keep up this feud. I'm 14 now and I still haven't even met a fairy, but I hate them. It's weird right? How am I supposed to hate thousands of people for something that one single fairy did many years ago. I just never quite understood it.

"Mother?"

"Yes, my child."

"I-I don't understand why we hate the fairies."

"Don't let your father hear you talk like that!" My mother says hushly.

"Mom, I just don't have a reason to hate them. They could be great people for all I know."

My mother's face turns white.

I almost immediately feel a blow to the back of my head.

~

Cold. That's what I felt when I woke up. I tried to look around but I only saw darkness. My eyes took a moment to adjust to the lack of light.I was in an empty room, only the moonlight shined through small cracks in the walls. I attempted to stand up but was immediately pulled back by cold shackles locked around my wrists.

I begin to panic.

"Don't worry darling ."

I hear from an unknown voice, but I can't see anyone.

"HEY! WHO THE HELL IS THERE, IF THIS IS SOME KIND OF JOKE I SWEAR TO GOD- I-I IM GOING TO KILL YOU ONCE I GET OUT OF THESE CHAINS!"

 "Oh my dear, tsk tsk that language simply won't do."

I feel sharp pains all across my back.

"1 slash for saying hell and another for threatening me."

Who the hell is this?

  I feel another slash across my back.

"I DIDN'T EVEN SAY ANYTHING!"

 "Well you see dear, half the sin is the thought, have to make sure we can get those awful thoughts out of your head."

"Is this some kind of joke to you?"

"On the contrary. Your family committed great acts of evil against mine, and payback no matter how late tastes oh so very sweet."

 "WHO ARE YOU, ANSWER ME YOU PSYCHOPATH!"

"Oh my dear Orias, you don't know? Think. Use that tainted demon brain of yours."

"JUST PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER WHO MY FAMILY WRONGS."

"It is absolutely insane to me that your family has wronged so many people that you can't even figure out who I am."

"Exactly 'my family' I have nothing to do with that!"

"Oh come on you are a part of that vile family. I truly can't believe you can't think of who i am god i was a part of every story you heard as a child."

"A-are you a fairy?"

I hear the voice laugh.

"Bravo, truly impressed."