Chapter 2- "It's been a while"

"Catherine...When did you get here?...oh and I'm sorry about your wet clothes" He said when his phone suddenly rang "McGarrett...I'll be there in 10"He said before hanging up the call as Catherine was wiping up the spilt drinks off of her,he then said "look cath....I gotta go" She nodded and said "Steve...umh...can we talk?...how bout I stop by your house later? We can talk then cause you've got to go" He simply nodded and said "Yeah come by later" before continuing to walk to his truck because he needed to get to work.

Catherine POV
I knew I was going to have to face him soon I just didn't know exactly how to show up at his house after everything me leaving, the fact that he was going to propose,how he told me about Joe being the reason why he first asked me out and how I was supposed to tell him that I got discharged from the CIA because I was involved in an explosion that killed all my co-workers and I now had PTSD? how do I tell him that I do sometimes regret my decision of leaving? and wonder what would my life be life if I had stayed, we would probably be married maybe have started a family at least I would be happy and i wouldn't have regrets.

After my run-in with Steve I got coffee and I headed towards Kamakona's Shrimp Truck as I have only been here 4 days and hadn't seen kamekona and some old friend and I also wanted to go to the beach for a swim.

Steve's POV
I ended up getting in my truck and I drove to the palace (five-0 headquarters) As I walked into the office Danny could tell something was wrong but ignored it Tani,Junior,Lou Quinn and Danny all briefed on the case even though I wasn't listening. After that Tani and Junior went to the Victims house and Lou and Quinn went to interrogate a possible suspect. I walked into my office sat down on my chair and sighed Danny walked in and said "Steve what's wrong?...You are distracted by something you just had a blank face as you ignored everything talking about the case...what happened?"
Steve sat up in his seat and put his hands over his face "I'm just not feeling well I think I sick I'm just gonna go home you guys have got the case covered anyway" He said "Yeah you probably should go home Steve you look sick and pale" Danny responded. Danny walked out the office still thinking there  was something Steve wasn't telling him, he brushed it off anyways.Steve stood up and left his office. He went to his truck and just sat there for about 15 before heading to the beach by Kamakona's truck the place that was once his and Catherine's 'spot'

He arrived at the beach about 20minutes later and sat on a bench staring out to sea. A few minutes later he felt the bench screech a bit as someone sat beside him, it was the person who in that moment was the only thing in his mind."Hey Sailor" She said and he picked  a white lily flower from the Bush besides the bench and put it in her  hair just like he did so many years ago."It's been a while since we were both here" he said "Yup, I've missed this" she responded.

They both sat there staring at the sea looking back on all the happy memories they had. "Cath...how about we go to my place so we can talk" he Said breaking the silence "sure let's go, but can you give me a ride because I've only been here for 4 days and I still haven't gotten around to getting a car" she said "Sure let's go" he responded. They both stood up and walked to Steve's truck they drove in silence for 7 minutes before reaching Steve's house. Steve unlocked the front door and Eddie came running to greet them both, "Cath This is Eddie, Eddie this is Catherine" Steve said as he introduced Catherine to his beloved dog.

****************,,*************
HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE LAST CHAPTER SORRY THEY AREN'T THE BEST HIS IS MY FIRST STORY