Chapter 7: Sexy Silhouette

"So what should we do today?" Dakota asks.

"I mean it's Sunday. We don't start our internship till next Monday." says Kanin.

"Let's go to a mall! I need more business attire." I state.

"Girl. It's casual. We can dress like we're going to a beach. We're in the intern department. They don't care what we wear, as long as we get shit done." Dakota laughs.

"Baby.. please tell me you're not gonna wear bikinis to the office." Ashton pouts. "No my love, just cute little tops and shorts." She pecks him.

"Shut the hell up?! Really?" I interject.
"But I'm always down to shop!" Dakota says. "That's like your hobby babe." Ashton laughs.

"So then we're going? Boys? Y'all wanna go" I direct toward Ashton, Kanin, and Jamal.

"I'm actually going to spend the day with Tasha at her place. Then dinner and movies in the evening. I'm heading out now actually." Jamal stands and peace's out to everyone as the door shuts. We all day bye.

"Dakota won't really give me a choice. I hold her bags." Ashton rolls his eyes. "Oh shut up baby! You love it!" Dakota laughs. "I do!" He kisses her cheek. "Let's go get ready." The couple exits to the hall to their room.

"Kanin?" I make eye contact. "You wanna go?"
"Sounds like a double date," he smirks.

I feel myself flush. I awkwardly laugh.
"You're so cute Danya. All flustered. I'd love to come. I haven't been to the mall yet."
"Shut up!" I roll my eyes, as we walk to our room.

"You can shower first, girls take longer." Kanin lays on his bed with his arms behind his head. He's such a handsome man. I wonder how things would have turned out if I stayed those two years ago.

"Danya?"

I blink, "Yeah. Sorry. I'll shower first. Thank you."

"Danya." He states again.

"Yeah?" I poke my head out of the bathroom to make eye contact.

"What are you thinking about when you do that?" Kanin asks.

"Do what?" I'm confused.

"When you stare at me and zone out. I catch you doing it sometimes." He asks with no ounce of judgment in his eyes.

I flush for the 457 time since first walking into this apartment.
In my head, I say, "Oh just think about how my life would of been had I chose you over Marcus."
But what I actually said was, "I just can't believe we're both here, at the same internship, roommates, and even sharing a room after these years sometimes."

Kanin laughs, "I wonder the same thing a lot too. Almost like it's fate."

I smile and nod as I go into the bathroom and shut the door.

A little over an hour passes, I hear Kanin knock, "Hey, you almost done? It okay if I shower while you finish up? Just so no ones waiting on me."

I open the door to that beautiful god, wrapped in just a towel. I look down to his abs. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, and that chiseled v line. I slowly look up his arm are like small anacondas. He's grown up show much, he's just so damn sexy. I land on Kanin's face to find him smirking down at me.

I gulp, "Uh sure. I'll just finish my makeup up in the room."

Kanin grabs my arm before I can walk out, "No you're fine. Not like you can see anything but a silhouette." He winks.  That's what I'm afraid of. Kanin steps in and shuts the door. And throws his towel to hang over the door.

I try to finish my makeup and quickly as I can, without looking at the silhouette of the sexy naked man in the shower behind me. One peek won't hurt. I look behind me in the mirror. You can see how toned and ripped he is from just the shadow. I look down. That's where I made a mistake. I see his member, a particularly large member, a member that's gave me several orgasms two years ago. I hear the shower shut off and immediately avert my eyes.

I see his towel disappear from hanging from the top of the shower. Out steps a very wet and deliciously smelling Kanin. He walks up dangerously close behind me and and put his hand on my hip and lightly squeezes, "You look gorgeous, Danya." He smiles.

I smile back, "Thank you. You smell good." My eyes widen.

Kanin laughs at my facial expression, "Thank you Babe. You're not much different from the beautiful girl I remember, just a little older, and so much sexier."

Not only do I blush from the compliments, reminder of our past, but the way "Babe" comes off his mouth is what made nearly faint.

Kanin steps closer and lays his hand on my face,  caressing my cheek. "That beautiful blush you have, when I say something to make you feel shy, or even overwhelmed.. I missed seeing that." He leans in to kiss me on the cheek. "I'm gonna get dressed." He states to walk into the closet.

When I say my heart nearly exploded out of my chest. I thought he was going to kiss me. Part of me is disappointed he didn't. I was just kissing on Jake. Maybe I need to slow down. I look at myself and take a few deep breaths to calm down.

I check my makeup. I did my normal foundation, winged eyeliner, and mascara. I do some matte lipstick, matching my cropped maroon off the shoulder top. I paired that with some black shorts and sandals. I straightened my hair long black hair today, and it's surprisingly looks good flowing down my back.

"Are y'all ready?!" Dakota yells from the hall.
"Yes!" I yell back exiting the bathroom.

Kanin is wearing a beach, linen looking collared shirt, it's black with tiny maroon surfboards embroider all over it, and he paired with maroon shorts and his black Vanz. He looks like a hot surfer boy straight from California. Fitting considering we're here.

"Are you trying to match me?" I smirk.

For the first time Kanin cheeks turn pink, "Oh shit, I didn't realize. I was too distracted by.. uh.. I'll go change." He heads back into the closet.

I walk over and find him looking through his clothes and laugh, "Kanin, it's fine. It's cute. We're on a double date right?" I wink.

I have no idea where that burst of confidence came from, but Kanin had always made me feel beautiful and loved in my own skin. Even back then, especially now. Maybe it is fate..

We all exit the apartment and pile in Ashton's white GTR and head to the mall.

——————————————————————
Steamy.. ;)

Please vote, comment, and share!

It gives me encouragement to keep writing. ❤️