The Finale

Jonah's pov

I rush out the door swinging my jacket on and holding Cyrus', who left without his.

"Cyrus!!" I shout, seeing the boys faint figure in the far distance.

I could tell he turned around, as I saw from the way his figure...ya know....turned.

I started to run, feeling the pressure of my feet digging into the now ankle high snow. It was so late at night right now, at least 10:30, and it's Christmas Eve, not to mention it's a literal blizzard right now.

I finally managed to make it to him, and the first thing I noticed was that he was crying.

I wrap in a hug, allowing my body to warm his. His sobs got louder. "Cyrus, do you want to tell me what's wrong?"

"M...my present...." I wrap Cyrus' jacket around his shoulders.

"What about it?" I raise his chin so that we are looking each other in the face.

"It's...my family. When we were happy. It doesn't exist anymore. Our happiness."

Cyrus looks so distraught, but I got to admit. I would be happy to have a picture of my family if I went through what Cyrus had.

I don't understand why he's so upset, but I decided to let it go.

"I'm sorry, Cyrus." I peck his lips before pulling him into a hug. He shivers while tightly hugging back, so I start putting his jacket on completely.

I pull away from the hug and completely put his jacket on.

"Listen, jb. I love you. And I'm so sorry you have to go through all this bull crap with me."

I stare at him, completely dumbfounded. "It was my choice. Our choice. I'm with you through everything. Trust me."

Time skip - 1 year later

Cyrus pov

I stare and laugh as Marty pushes Buffy playfully, which makes her grab his arm and twist it. Marty just begs for mercy.

"Hey babe," I turn around and see Jonah. "How are you today?"

He leans in and pecks me on the lips.

"I'm fantastic!" I lean in and press my lips to his, much longer than a peck.

Jonah smiles into the kiss and pulls away. "That's getting added onto later tonight." He winks.

"One wild imagination you got there, bucko."

"Andi!" I scream, running into her arms.

She holds me like we haven't saw eachother in years. What happened that Christmas Eve was something that I couldn't forget in all my life.

It was a picture of my family, all happy. That never happened. I take out my phone and look at the lock screen. Me and Jonah. That picture we took by the shed outside of school.

Jonah snuck up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, looking down at my phone.

"Baby, I thought you changed that?"

My frown turned into a smirk and my eyes looked into his as I turned around. "I like this photo though. You can always have us recreate it."

"I like the way you think." His lips pressed my cheek, and I swiped my phone screen, facial recognition unlocking my phone.

"Baby, don't look at that right now. Please." My eyes fell from Jonah's eyes, to his lips, to his neck, trailing down his chest through his shirt, down to my phone screen.

The picture of my mom smiling widely made me smile, but the tears started to build up slowly. My thumb traced over her face, and I turned my phone around to reveal the Funeral Card.

In loving memory of  Joan Goodman.

Joan Goodman, 33, Was a loving mother to her 16 year old son Cyrus Goodman, and loving Wife to Husband John Goodman (ahaha). She sadly passed on to a Better place from having Heart Failure due to Heart Cancer. It was unknown what caused the cancer but it was believed to have been passed down through generations of family.

You will be missed. Have a good afterlife.

♥️

"Babe, are you okay?" My eyes trailed up into Jonah's, me feeling that familiar warmth of happiness and nervousness that I always gotten before.

I lunged forward, wrapping my arms around him, feeling his warm embrace.

"I love you, Jonah." I felt him kiss my head, causing me to smile.

"I love you more, Cyrus. You make my day so much better. Especially after a long stressful one." He lifted my face and placed a soft, gentle kiss on my lips.

This is going to be a fun junior year. A really fun junior year.

Hey guys, this is the last chapter of Coming To Terms, and the sequel is coming out soon. Might make a Zombie Apocalypse book where the actual bad guys are zombies. There will be people fights and gangs but zombies are the main. Peace!!