Oh. Oh no. You forgot he existed. [Pt. 2]

Dull colored surprise cuddled against your stiff body, it caressed your exposed skin and whispered dreadful words in your ear like a cockroach wriggling inside. Your orbs shrunk, [eye color] glazing over with distasteful recognition.

You could feel the panic crawling just beneath your skin—the fear of your safety. The fear of your memories. Your face kept a steady, relaxed appearance, but oh god were you dying inside.

The floating lights bore into yours, mingling with your [eye color] orbs like the ocean dancing with the fish in the blue water. You couldn't tear away your panicked gaze from those white orbs in the abyss of their sockets, you couldn't rip away your fear that perched itself on your shoulders—talons searing into your delicate flesh.

Hide, you wanted to hide in your sweater, your blankets, thinking about nothing but the next episode of your favorite show—worrying about nothing but your comfort.

You didn't want to have strangers living in your house, waiting for the next opening to attack. You don't want to live in fear of all the skeletons that looked like him, with that same damn smile.

Why do they all look alike? Surely not every skeleton has the same stature or the same skull, or the same smile. You know that every skeleton doesn't look extremely similar to the other, even animals of the same species have very distinct features from each other.

You know because of his sibling—the one adorning the bright red cloth around his spine. The one with a cheerful smile that never seemed to falter, the smile that didn't seem to be tarnished by the dirt—horror—of this world.

The one with a scarf that flutters in the wind like a white coat. The one that looked most like the man in the black hole, crumpled and weak.

Why do they look like him? Why does he look like a mix of both of them? Why is it always skeletons haunting your DAMN DREAMS?!

The words were stuck in your throat, they were soggy and when you tried to throw them out in a flow of well-thought-out words they settled on your tongue. The unspoken words tasted like wet bread, it was revolting—disgusting.

Your feet tingled with panic, the urge to walk away from this and pile onto the floor, hoping all these things were simply a dream—a very bad dream.

Something was screaming at you to leave, to get out, out, out! They didn't want to be here, to be faced with their wrongdoings. You felt your sins crawling on your back.

They clawed, ripped at you— No, at them. But who was "them"? Who could they possibly be? Who was crying and screaming inside you right now? Who's blurred voice was full of anguish, regret—fear?

Your nails scratched along your [Skin Color] toned/colored skin, hoping that if you gashed at your flesh enough then the anguish would leave your body—the screams would leave your head.

Breathe. Breathe.

The kid bounced to your side, a grin clamped down onto their adorable features. Frisk clung onto your arm like a koala clinging onto the branch of the green filled tree, they shot out words with their hands with the speed of- Spaghetti?

Burnt spaghetti??

Slightly burnt spaghetti???

You ignored the scent and watched as Frisk signed an introduction for you, you assumed anyway. Your orbs locked into the lazy grin smashed into the skeleton's face, a shiver tapping along your spine.

Frisk finished their introduction, their face radiating unbound excitement. Your lips pulled up momentarily to please Frisk, your hand grasping the cold, frigid hand of the monster.

"[Name]. A pleasure to meet you."

He replied, his smile forced and fake. Yours small, polite, and artificial. Like always.

"sans."

Three shakes and you pulled away quickly. A bit too quickly, but Sans didn't comment about it. It seemed he just wanted to get this over with, after all, his hand retracted more quickly than yours. The air was tense but bearable. You needed to think of a way to break the ice.

Words conjured up in your brain, throat ready to vomit whatever sugar-coated nonsense you just thought of. But you were interrupted by Toriel.

"Frisk, Did you leave Flowey in your room?"

Your gaze landed on Toriel, your face sputtering liquid confusion. Frisk seemed frantic as they dashed up the stairs, their steps pounding against the carpeted floor. You looked back at Sans, a question rumbling past your tongue.

"Who's Flowey?"

Sans propped his head onto his hand, gazing at you the corner of his eye socket before fully turning his sweet attention to you. You felt uncomfortable under his stare--before the boring white prick that seared into your broken soul. You laughed forcefully to ease the burning tension inside you.

"Flowey's a monster like us," Sans muttered a sentence to himself before splashing his attention on you once more. "He's sorta like the Kid's pet, he ain't really buddy with us."

He chuckled to himself.

Why do I feel like there was a pun somewhere in there?

You were able to reply with a simple sentence, the words readied in your head.

But he spoke first.

"Thanks for saving them."

Your lips pulled into a small smile. "I just did what I had to do. How could I just stay by and watch, you know?"

You sighed, your gaze fleeing to the stairs the Kid had sped across. Then you saw their tiny little head emerge from the corner, a bright but nervous smile on their features.

They held a potted plant, bright yellow petals with the middle blank. But not completely, the plant had a face. A fucking face. What the fuck.

"Is— Is that Flowey?" Sans chuckled at the disbelief that crawled onto your face.

"yup."

Holy shit, Flowey is a fucking flower. A flower. How did I not figure that out?

The kid's steps were soft and quick, it tapped against the carpeted floor then the white tiled ground. Frisk practically shoved the flower into your face, your head recoiled in an attempt to not get smacked with a flower—a flower that had a face on it. You honestly had no idea why it was so shocking to you, you're literally sitting next to a living, breathing skeleton.

"So this is Flowey?" Words flowed out of your mouth, sweet as sugar. Frisk nodded at your words, placing Flowey on the dinner table. The Kid signed a quick introduction for the both of you, Flowey narrowed his eyes in vexation. "Nice to meet you, Flowey."

"Fuck you, Bitch."

Did—

DID THIS HOE JUST CURSE AT ME—

[Author's Note]

Uhhhhh, hope u like it? Oh and I absolutely adore the comments you guys leave. I swear it's been awhile since I laughed at a comment. You guys are hilarious!