Prologue

A figure in a long, black coat as the hood was over his head. The hood was covering his eyes was sitting on a platform in the sky as he had his arms crossed as he stared at the world underneath him. Well, the figure didn't see it that way. All he could see was darkness, negativity, anything that could happen in this peaceful world. He had to keep order, this was his job after all...and he wasn't in this job alone.

However, he only wanted to be alone. He was used to this loneliness. He was the first to be accepted after all...when he was 'born'. He was under the Star Spirits' care, just like his partner. A partner he isolates himself from because he prefers only the loneliness as his only friend. He can hear the whispers in the silence talking to him, telling him things that he should do, and what they can do.

Why exactly did he think the loneliness and silence were his only friends? He didn't know the exact reason. He just...found it soothing. If he was alone, there would be no reason to feel loss. That was the way he saw it...and he accepted it. He grabbed it, and didn't let go.

"Peace always has its limits." He spoke. "Everything has limits, even when they think they don't. Humanity just sees that as a game they can cheat. What a joke.

Of course, he just had to bring some other guy along. Just what I need, someone to take away my silence. Then again, I guess even a world like this needs equality sometimes. Humanity is a dangerous sin, even for people who actually feel." He took a few more minutes to stare down at the world underneath him...until he saw a faint light appear behind him. He sighed, annoyed by this presence.

"Great. You're here to ruin my day, aren't you?" He spoke. A person came by and he stood beside the dark figure. They were wearing a similar coat like his, only it was all white and they had light symbols all over it. He had the hood over his head, but it didn't cover the person's golden yellow eyes. He stared at the sky in front of them.

"I am assuming you love to live in the loneliness of life." He spoke. "Perhaps it is because you find it relaxing, or you find it can let you escape from hurt. But in the end they will only wound your heart and your well-being."

"Tsk. What are you just some type of poet?" The figure remarked, not looking at him. "You just really like to talk as if you're writing a story, don't you?"

"...I understand you do not agree with my presence, but I can notice you do agree with the equality humanity needs even if we cannot see that equality ourselves." He said, ignoring that comment. "However, what I am really here for is not to bother you. Or rather...I am here for your cooporation."

"'Cooperation'?" He repeated. He only glared at him. "Working together? Great! Does that mean we're gonna gossip and braid each other's hair now?"

"*sigh*...it has not even been a day since my arrival, and you are already thinking negative of me. You really are darkness itself." He pinched the bridges of his nose.

"Thank you. I'll be here everyday for the rest of time." He remarked sarcastically as he rolled his eyes. "Besides, you and I are aren't cut from the same cloth. I started this world, and you're just someone to pick up some loose ends."

"Perhaps. But you cannot expect the world to be flooded with darkness forever." He stated. "Where there is darkness, light follows. And where there is light, darkness follows. Whether you are pleased with it or not, we must stay together and watch over our home."

"Our home?" The dark figure said. "Please! This isn't compared to a home! This is just a waste of space we have to watch over, plain and simple."

"How could you say that?" The light figure said, sitting down beside him. "Home is not a place where you originate from. It is a place where you feel you belong. We may be gods, but we do have pieces of humanity in ourselves. If this world wasn't to exist, then where would we go, or live?"