Chapter 6: Sudden 'Sickness'

Salem blinked his eyes open, and sat stretched as he sat up. He looked around the hidden bedroom and he saw that Lucian and Alessia's beds were empty. The room looked just like a normal bedroom. Only three beds, a desk in the corner of the room, and the beds looked normal as well. The only thing that was keeping the entire room hidden was these vines that were used as an entry. They may be Gods, but that doesn't mean they need to sit in luxury. That's what they all wanted. They only wanted to be treated ordinary, not royalty.

Salem stood up and he pushed the vines out of the way as he walked outside. He told Lucian before they went to bed that he wanted his help to train Alessia. Seeing they weren't in the bedroom with him he assumes they got up early. But where could they be? He spent minutes searching for them. He mainly checked the field they were training in, thinking Lucian would give Alessia a warm-up...but no it was completely empty.

"Where are they...?" He wondered out loud, looking around. He double checked some areas to male sure he didn't just miss them, but again. They were empty. He began walking down the path, seeing a few stars only minding their own business. One of those stars were Twink.

"Twink!" Salem walked over to him.

"Hm?" Twink turned around to face him. "Oh! Good morning, Salem! How are you?"

"I'm alright." He said. "But, uh, have you seen Lucian and Alessia today? I thought they got up early to train, but the field's empty."

"I...don't think so." Twink said uncertain. "I thought they were with you."

"..." Salem crossed his arms, thinking for a moment. If they weren't training, then... Salem's eyes widened in small horror.

"You've gotta be kidding me...!" Salem began to run towards the exit, taking Twink by surprise.

"Salem! Wait!" Twink got in front of him, stopping him. "Where are you going?"

"Out." He said. "Lucian and Alessia went out, and they don't know how to teleport from place to place yet. Why didn't they wait for me?"

"Maybe Lucian wanted to try to get used to his role." Twink guessed. "Alessia probably went with him to keep him company."

"Well, it's good they went together, but it's not good that they won't have a way back." Salem said. "I have to go out and find them."

"Are you crazy?! You can't go out at the daytime! Your powers aren't as strong at this time of the day!" Twink said worriedly. The reasons why Lucian and Salem had certain times to the day was because their powers also depend on time. Lucian is more powerful in the day as Salem is more powerful at night. If they were to go out in opposite times they would be weak. But Salem doesn't want anything to happen to the duo, especially to Lucian since he doesn't know how to teleport properly.

Salem forgot to tell this to the duo. He wanted to slap himself for forgetting that part. He can still make it up to them by finding them. Sighing, Salem made his choice.

"I know the risk, but at the same time I'll know the outcome." Salem said. "Just...cover for me 'til I get back. If the Star Spirits ask where I'm at just say that I'm still sleeping. I'll try not to be out for so long."

"...O-Okay." Twink was still slightly worried, yet he knows he can't stop his friend. "Just be careful out there."

"Right." Salem nodded his head, changed into his normal, human form and he ran off, with the thought of his friends getting hurt in the process. He wanted to make sure there's not a single scratch on either of them.