Chapter 1: The Museum

As the match began, the Sherman briskly raced through the rough terrain. Then veered to go west, the main objective is to get on top of the west uphill terrain for its vantage.

I was the commander of that Sherman, Y/N (Your Name, nickname perhaps if it suits you). Since I am the only boy in St. Gloriana my radiofrequency is only connected to the overall tank commander, Darjeeling. I have to keep my identity secret, not even my teammates from the other tanks can hear a word from the Sherman, they only see it move and shoot around the battlefield, but they won't be able to communicate with it. That's why it is called the Mysterious Firefly.

Anyway, I've reached the destination, I clambered out the cupola and craned to see from a distance that my teammates were charging the enemy at full force. They were to distract the enemies, while I was here to attack from a location they won't expect.

So I aimed at the enemy's flag tank. A French tank is equipped with thick armor, I have to aim at its weak spot. It's only a small area, the aim must be accurate. This should only take one shot, once I miss the enemy will notice.

I found myself quivering as I aimed through the scope. It made me feel narked, although, I was able to manage it and took some courage. So I stepped on the trigger.

[Kaboom!!!]

Darjeeling (Through the radio): "Firefly, report?"

- - - - - Some days earlier - - - - -

I was with my friends having a vacation in London. Since we love tanks, our main objective is to visit the British tank museum. Once we got inside, we got enthralled by the dazzling beauty of these war machines. My heart is pounding very fast while realizing I was surrounded by these beautiful British tanks.

Then one got my attention, I fixed my gaze on it, dumbfounded. Is this for real? My face, I think bewildered. I have to tread immediately to have a closer look.

Leo: "What is it Y/N?"

Y/N: "Is this a Sherman?"

Leo: "Yes indeed."

Y/N: "But I thought Sherman tanks are for Americans."

Leo: "I don't know. Maybe they share the same tank design."

Examining it, as I regard the tank I've noticed the gun is way larger than the American Sherman

Examining it, as I regard the tank I've noticed the gun is way larger than the American Sherman. But there was this feeling, with my ardor to these tanks I want to see what's inside it. I just want to badly get in there. My desire wafted through my head and as if it's surging through my vein.

I stayed there for a while, I have waited for my friends to go somewhere else. I was trying to get a chance for me to get in there. When the people are looking away from it, I immediately clambered through the armored hull. Forget about the cameras, I can't do anything about them. All I can do is to move quickly and slide through the tank's cupola.