Chapter 1

Kierstens POV

         My mom called me downstairs so I got out of my oh so warm and comfortable bed and walked out the door. "KIERS- Oh there you are. I'm going to the store with Jasmine, stay here and don't get into shit you don't belong in." I roll my eyes and go back up to my room, "Ok. I'll just stay here in my room. Like I always do." I shut my door roughly. All I heard from mom was a faint, "I love you." As she walked out the door getting into the car and turning on the engine. After about a few hours of just sitting there I got extremely bored. I went downstairs and turned on the T.V. plopping down on the couch. As I was channel surfing I caught a news reporter saying something about a car crash not to far from my house.  I turned up the volume and listened,  "Today is a tragic day here in [enter random city]. We have found that a [enter random four door car] was struck as it was going into ongoing traffic. The mutilated bodies of Elizabeth and Jasmine [random last name] were found dead-" I ran out of the house tears threatening to fall down my face. I didn't believe it. I couldn't. As I ran I could begin to smell an awful smell of blood. No. I ran into someone and I just pushed them away. A police officer tried to grab me but I ducked under his arm. I caught the slightest glimpse through the broken out windshield. My mothers corpse holding my sisters small body. I was grabbed by another police officer, "Mam your not supposed to come past the tape. What are you doing?" In all honesty, I couldn't hear a thing he said. I was only thinking about how I never said "I love you" back...

[Hello my toxic ducklings! This was the first chapter of The Once Safe Woods and we finished it at 315 words. I would like to say thank you for reading my story and uh see you in the next chapter!!~ Don't be toXic!!