Arc 1.14

"You're kidding me, right? What's going on?", Zero stuttered.

"Zhelan.. Is Zhelan okay?!", cried Shi Lanhua as she thought of the one she loved. When she thought of the man who would always greet her with a big bright smile as he cheerfully pursued her and how he might be injured, it was like her heart was being squeezed.

Without warning, she ran towards the raging fire and disappeared inside. As phoenixes, she had a natural immunity towards fire, so it didn't affect her whatsoever.

"Hua-er!", Zero cried out as he ran after his sister.

Not far behind, Nan XiSheng also followed him and the two ran after Shi Lanhua. Since there were only so many people who entered the secret realm, there was no "corpses littered everywhere" scene, but even so, it was close enough. The beautiful greenery had been morphed into a large forest fire and it was like hell had descended.

They had only been gone for a bit more than 12 hours at the very most, so how had all this happened in such a short period of time? Wasn't that woman surnamed Liu supposedly very powerful? How had this occurred under her watch?

Zero and Nan XiSheng had lost sight of Shi Lanhua's figure and could only retrace their previous steps in order to go back to Lady Liu's mansion.

"Whoosh"

Something flew past Zero and glazed his right cheek. After bending down to take a look, he realized that it was an arrow. Zero immediately whipped his head around, only to find that Nan XiSheng had already locked onto the target and was charging towards them.

Dozens of arrows rained down, yet none of them managed to hit him as he smoothly advanced towards the figure inside the fire. Not long later, there were sounds of groaning being emitted by an unfamiliar voice and Zero saw Nan XiSheng walk back with a stranger hung over his shoulders.

He then threw the unidentified being onto the ground and went to stand beside his darling with a proud look on his face. For a moment, Zero was almost under the impression that the other party was trying to seek praise from him, however, he quickly dismissed that ridiculous idea. That was the protagonist for god's sake! Even if he had slowly begun to accept that there were some slight differences when compared to the original novel, the main character had still have to keep his pride, right? For example, when the two were traveling together to find his sister, Nan XiSheng had always had an icy look on his face, just like in the original novel! That's why... how the hell did he manage to come up with such a strange idea?!

Little did Zero know, there weren't some "slight differences" between the original Nan XiSheng and the current one, the two were actually light years apart. If he had known about the kisses that XiSheng planted on him when he was asleep, Zero would've started to doubt life. Thoughts like: Who am I? What am I doing? Where was the promised "cold protagonist"? would be dancing around inside this idiot's head.

Although Zero's EQ was lower than a pig's, he still knew that Nan XiSheng definitely didn't hate him, however he never would have imagined that it was as much as love! He didn't even know where those unknown affections had come from! All he did was harass the protagonist a little, help give him some food every night, push him off a cliff, and cooperate together to find his sister! J..just which dimension did the word "love" pop out of?! If one were to describe Zero's impression of Nan XiSheng, he'd think of him as that one "cold on the outside but warm on the inside" friend every main character had. They had, after all, spent many years together at the same sect and it was impossible not to have even a glimmer of affection towards the other side.

"Speak, who are you, how did you enter this realm, where did you come from and what are your motives?", said Nan XiSheng as he glared at the pitiful, beaten up body on the ground.