Chapter 2

"I'll take the packet," Natalia said, grabbing it from her mother's hand. "I'm the one that needs to read it."

"Yes, you do, sweetheart."

Her mother's voice sounded too sweet.

Natalia turned and rolled her eyes when she headed for her room. Once there, she closed her door.

"Like hell I'm going to read this."

She kept her voice low, almost afraid that her room was bugged. However, she tore open the packet. A quick glance at the contents caused her to swallow hard and feel light headed. The five sheets were double-sided and filled with small print. They were exactly what Rebecca had received. There was no customization.

"Boilerplate. My name isn't anywhere on here. They probably make these up before hand and just grab one when they need it."

She tossed the pages onto her makeup table, then stood in the middle of her room. It was decorated as if she were a fairy princess, and she hated it. The pink and the lace were excessive.

"Like I'm some stupid five-year-old," she said in a low voice.

She managed a deep breath before going to her closet. From the very back, she pulled out a red dress.

"Who thought I would actually need this."

She rolled it up and put it into a small backpack.

"The girl pack won't believe me when I tell them," she said. "I laugh that you never noticed this, Mother, when I added it to that pile of clothes you were buying."

She stepped over to her makeup table, taking the few items she thought she would need to make herself up and placed them in the backpack. On the floor were some red slippers. She put those in as well before zipping the bag closed.

"One dress. No bra. No undies. About as sexy as I can get."

She looked around and listened hard. The house was dead quiet.

"And no one is going to know," she mouthed the words to herself, thinking about Rebecca. 

Rebecca had relied on friends after her escape, but one ultimately betrayed her, thinking it was for her own good.

"If no one knows, no one can tell."

She tiptoed to her door to open it slowly. There was no one in the hall. She closed the door without a sound and sat on her bed.

"The girl pack discussed this, should it happen again. One sexy dress. One guy. One pregnancy. The church will no longer want you."

She swallowed with apprehension.

"And here I am in that situation. But I have the time. I have the plan. Head to the Strip, find a guy, and have sex."

She grimaced.

"Of course, he has to be an adult over eighteen. Damn male birth control."

She mulled over the fact that underaged males were on medications that prevented them from having erections.

"It's in your food, you idiots. That's how you're getting it. I think the stuff makes them stupid, too."

She rolled her eyes.

"I have to get pregnant. Contract states..."

She rose to pick up the papers. Her eyes seemed to immediately find the paragraph, causing her to swallow hard again.

"There it is. The applicant cannot be pregnant or have born children."

She put the papers down and resumed her seat on the end of her bed.