Chapter 21

Something pressed down over her body and a dull pain shot across her ribs and she woke up with a small groan. She felt the mattress was shifting beneath her and the covers shuffled next to her and then a shadow was looming over her and she blinked her eyes open.

"I'm sorry." A shaky voice said. "Damn, are you okay?"

Lisa looked up at Jungkook's concerned expression and smiled a little.

"I'm fine. You just surprised me, that's all." She told him.

Jungkook nodded and he settled back down and fell in her side. He propped himself up on one elbow and looked at Lisa. Lisa lay there and breathed as the pain decreased across her stomach.

"Can I?" Jungkook pointed towards Lisa's stomach and Lisa gave him a confused look, unsure of what he was asking. She just nodded.

Lisa watched as Jungkook reached up and gently tugged the covers down until her entire upper body was showed up. Lisa shivered even though it wasn't cold. It was just Jungkook was blinking too long, dark lashes as his copper gaze roved over her pale chest and all Lisa could do was stare back at him as she tried to read what he was thinking.

"Don't..." Lisa gasped quietly when Jungkook's right hand raised up and moved towards her.

"I wouldn't hurt you." Jungkook told her softly. "At least, not intentionally."

Lisa frowned because Jungkook was still beating himself up over everything that had occurred between them.

Jungkook's cool finger tips brushed slowly across Lisa's ribs and Lisa held her breath. He was docile and gentle. His fingers were tracing over the ugly, pinkish-purplish, blotchy bruises. Lisa let out her breath with a quiet whimper when Jungkook's fingers moved over her nipple and Jungkook whispered a low 'sorry'. Lisa wanted to tell him not to apologized but she didn't say anything because she wasn't sure if Jungkook was apologize for what exactly.

Lisa blinked at Jungkook who still had his eyes locked on Lisa's blemished torso. He had moved his hand and it was now lightly stroking Lisa's upper arm.

"I just want to take your pain away." Jungkook told her.

"I'll be okay." Lisa said with a small smile.

"I know you will." Jungkook said. "I wish we could go back. Make sure none of the hurt never happened."

"Are we still talking about the bruises?" Lisa asked and Jungkook shrugged one of his shoulders.

Lisa changed the subject then because Jungkook looked pained. "So, today is the day."

Jungkook nodded. "Yep. I just want it over and done." Jungkook told her.

"Do you think she'll cry?" Lisa asked.

"No." Jungkook chuckled. "No. She might hit me though."

Lisa laughed and it hurt. She realized that her entire body was aching. She grabbed her stomach and made a noise that sounded like an animal in pain and Jungkook sat up a little. He was worried.

"It's fine." Lisa told him and smiled.

**

Jungkook's body covered one side of Lisa's body and he didn't seem to be in a lot of pain anyore. Jungkook kissed her slowly and carefully because he didn't wamt to hurt her any more than he already did. Her bruises looked severe, angry and made him want to hurt Mark even more. Lisa hissed a little when they were kissing.

"What?" Jungkook breathed and pulled away. "Did I hurt you?"

"No," Lisa said. "It's just—we should probably go."