11 - Trick or Treat, Freak

Finally, it's Halloween. I got up and quickly got ready this morning and went into the kitchen for breakfast to find Eleven with a sheet over her head.

"You want to go trick or treating?" My dad asks her and she nodded. "You know the rules."

"Yes, but-"

"Yeah, so you know the answer." He stated.

"Oh, come on, Dad." I said before putting my hands on Eleven's shoulders. "You can't even tell it's her."

"I don't care." He replied.

"But they wouldn't see me." Eleven pointed out.

"I don't care, alright?" He repeated. "You go out there, ghost or not, it's a risk. We don't take risks. Alright? They're stupid, and..."

"We're not stupid." Eleven finished angrily.

"Exactly. Now, you take that off, sit down and eat. Your food is getting cold." He told her before sitting down himself. Eleven took the sheet off and sat down, and I joined them. I started eating my food, but Eleven just sat there.

"Look what you did, Dad." I said and he just glared at me before looking back at Eleven.

"Alright, look. How about I get off early tonight, and I buy us a bunch of candy, and we can sit around and get fat, and we watch a scary movie together." He offered. "How's that for a compromise?"

I continued to eat as I ignored the rest of their conversation until Eleven started eating her food.

"Sounds good. I'll be getting the candy then?" I asked as I put my dishes in the sink.

"I'm not gonna forget." My dad said, but I just had a feeling that that wasn't true. I loved him, but he wasn't always reliable.

"Yeah, okay." I said before walking towards the door and ruffling Eleven's hair. "Bye, see you later."

» » »

"I don't know what I'm going as yet." I told Nancy as we were eating our lunch.

"You didn't get a costume?" Nancy asked, surprised. Usually I have my costume planned out at least a few days early.

"I know, I know. I don't know what to do, though. Give me ideas. It has to be sexy." I told her.

"Uh, vampire?" She suggested.

"Can't. I went as that last year." I denied.

"Okay, um, witch? Werewolf, zombie, angel, g-"

"Yes. Devil. That's perfect." I said, interrupting her.

"Alright." She replied with a slight smile as Jonathan sat down.

"Hey, you're picking me up, right?" I asked him.

"Yeah, but I'm not going to the party." He stated.

"Whatever you say." I replied and he just rolled his eyes.

» » »

As soon as I got home I started getting ready. I found a red off the shoulder shirt that was a little too small for me, so it was perfect. I also put on some jean shorts and red heels. On my way home I picked up a devil horn headband, so I also had that. For my makeup, I did a red and black smoky eye, winged eyeliner, a very small amount of blush, and red lipstick.

When I was finished I looked at the clock and realized that Jonathan was probably here by now. I didn't have to worry about my dad seeing me since he was at work.

"Bye, El! I'll see you tonight!" I called as I quickly ran out the door and saw Jonathan waiting in his car with Will.

"Hey." I greeted as I got in the car.