3

ALIN

His dark brown eyes were fixated on me and that smile grew even more evil. I wanted to get up and run out of here but my body froze. My mind was working at the speed of light but my body did not oblige. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths slowly trying to move the fingers of my hands. Why was he looking at me? He never looked at me before. I don't think he ever even noticed my presence, then why now? I sat there with all this thoughts running in my head and my throat still itched due to the food I chocked. After a few calming breaths I finally was able to move my body. Thus, I took my plate and grabbed my bag and was out of the cafeteria in a dash.

The rest of the day was pretty usual but I was worried that I might bump into Sebian anytime which didn't happen. Thank God, he is not the type who attends classes very often because right now I do not want to face him. Actually, I don't think I want to face him anytime at all. I knew he was trouble. I attended the rest of the classes but nothing was going inside my head, looks like I got badly panicked. The bell rang; I sighed and got out of the class.

I didn't have to go home early today as I had my part time job at the town's daily services store. We have only this store at our town where people find their daily groceries, vegetables and other household needs. It's not very big but it does provide most of the essential items. I have been working here since I started college. The owner Poppy was a single lady. Her husband and son both died in a car accident about six years ago. She manages the store and lives here on the above floor. Poppy takes care of the billing at the reception desk. Me and Gina work inside the store guiding the customers through different sections and then there is Keith. He is the errand boy and takes care of providing us the supplies and taking them to other places if orders are placed.

I entered the store and greeted Poppy with a smile while rushed to the backroom to get changed and start on today's work. I came out wearing a blue shirt with 'Poppy's Mart' labelled on its chest pocket in white. "If that is all then you can go to the front desk for your bill sir", I heard Gina speaking to someone. The man went away with a basket in his hand and Gina turned around to see me. "You always look better with that hood out of your head," she told with a smile. She was three years older than me but was an amazing friend. She always loved my hair. She says she likes my soft brown curls; they suit me unlike her dark black straight hair which she preferred to tie in a high pony. She worked full shift here and always dropped me at home on her way back.

I wanted to talk to her for a few more minutes but as this was the peak time of the day for business, customers started pouring in. After an hour and half of busy work, Gina went off for her break and I was left alone to help the customers. It was almost 7 in the evening when the shop started to get a little empty. The people came in randomly every 15 minutes or so. There was still an hour left for me to get off work though. "Come on girls, it's already 8, you should head back home now," Miss Poppy reminded us. She does that daily. She is very concerned about our security and lets us go home while the roads were still busy.

I changed and hopped into Gina's car. After about a 20 minutes ride we reached in front of my house. "Good night Gina, be safe," I closed the door of the car. "Good night honey," she told and drove off. I rang the bell and my mother opened the door. "Welcome back Aly. How was your day?" she asked with a smile heading to the kitchen. "It was okay, usual." "Get changed honey, dinner will be ready soon." I headed upstairs to my room and took a quick shower, got changed and came down to join everyone for dinner. My father and younger brother Ronin were already at the table. "How was your day kiddo?" my father asked with a tense less expression. "It was good daddy." I high-fived my brother and rubbed his hair. "What did you do today champ?" "Just studies," he replied nonchalantly. He was 18 already but unlike other kids was very serious about his studies and career. He understands the importance of it.

After a peaceful family dinner and helping my mother with the dishes I went to my room and since I had no home work to finish I lied on my bed. I grabbed my phone and typed 'SEBIAN WHITE' initiating the search. Images and fan clubs started popping up on the screen. Sebian this, Sebin that, people just worshipped him. I went through the images of him and remembered those dark brown eyes which bored into mine at lunch. I felt my breath hitching and without being able to take anymore kept my phone aside and closed my eyes. I calmed myself down and with steady breaths fell asleep.