18

SEBIAN

The next few days went very slowly but everything seems to be falling back at its place. I have started to spend more and more time with Alin now, which I liked a lot. Other than her job at the mart she spends the rest of the time of her day with me. We go to the college together, have classes together, lunch together, come back and have study sessions at my house. Her parents didn't mind and in fact have told me to have dinner and breakfast at their house until my grandma returns. Among my previous friends Joe is the only one who talks with me often. After I confronted Mr. Crauser regarding my absence he considered it and since both I and Alin are good in studies he let us both submit and marked our late submission with a little deduction that will not cause much of a difference. This led to the end of mine and Natalie's relation. Good riddance!!

Today was nothing different, after college we were at my house to study. These days Alin is getting used to let go of her sweat shirt, at least when she is with me. The more I spend time with her, the more I fall for her, everyday. This realization has hit me a few days back and I didn't want to avoid it. Every time we were together instead of focusing on the work at hand I keep on looking at her, like right now. She was busy studying something and I should be too but I was rather busy admiring her. How she looked so cute pouting when she was focusing on something or how she bites her lips and plays with the pen in her hand when she was trying to solve something. Thinking about this a goofy smile spreaded on my face to which Alin responded with a "What" and I shook my head. I am sure someday soon all these feelings inside me are going to be uncontrollable and I am going to confess to her. I am just hoping that she would say 'yes'.

My phone rang beside me, it was my dad. He calls me daily around this time when he goes to the hospital after work. Today also there was no news of any progress in grandma's condition. Alin was enthusiastically looking at me while I was talking to my father. When I kept the phone and gave out an exasperated sigh, she understood that there was nothing new. She patted my head and said, "It's alright. She's going to be fine and back soon, don't worry." That was all the encouragement I needed to get me back into the good mood. "Let's go have dinner." She packed up and we left for her house to have dinner.

I have gotten closer to her family as well. Mrs. Jones lets me help her in the kitchen. When she came to know that I can cook, she was ecstatic about it and lets me help her with cooking dishes on the weekends. I feel more like a family member here rather than just Alin's friend. I and Ronin have become best buddies. His family didn't even had any idea that he was interested in music before he suddenly played a beautiful song with my guitar. Alin always says she is envious of me as Ronin is closer to me than her. It's like he is my own brother.

"For dessert today we have apple pie. I heard that it's a favourite of Sebian" Mrs. Jones said cheerfully. "Yes, it is." Not being able to wait anymore I dipped my fork into the slice of the pie on my plate. Putting it into my mouth a moan escaped me, it was delicious. After dinner Alin helped Mrs. Jones with the dishes and I sat with Mr. Jones watching TV. "So, what have you thought of doing after college Sebian?" he asked. "Why would you ask that Rob." Mrs. Jones said from the kitchen. "He is already famous as a model in this age, I am sure he is going to continue that. Right, Sebian?" "I don't know." I said hesitatingly. "For now my father just wants me to focus on my studies so I haven't thought of anything else." "Of course, son. These decisions are to be taken after giving a lot of thought. Take your time and think about it." I smiled and nodded.

"It's time to say good night Sebian. Go andsleep, we have college tomorrow. Alin told while wiping her hands in the towel.I got up and said good night to everybody and left with Alin. She walks me tillmy house every day after dinner. "So, don't you want to know what I want to doafter college?" I asked her while walking. "There is still time Sebian and youhave a lot of possibilities in front of you so I am not worried." Oh how do Icontrol my heart when she speaks so sweetly? I don't think I can hold myselflonger. "Alin?" I called her when we reached at my door. "Hmm?" "Will you goout with me this Saturday?" She looked at me with a stunned expression for aminute before answering. "Okay... let me know the time, I'll be ready." Withoutwaiting anymore she turned and left with hurried steps and I couldn't help butsmile.