15

ALIN

"Aly honey, come down for breakfast" my mother knocked on my door. "You didn't have dinner yesterday either. Come down and eat something." She paused for a moment. "Is everything okay honey?" "Yeah mom, everything is fine." "Okay honey." She hesitated a bit but then went downstairs. I was still lying on my bed and didn't feel like doing anything. Sebian's voice that I heard yesterday from Natalie kept on revolving in my head. He really did it, didn't he? I was a fool for thinking that someone like Sebian will change. Thinking about what he has done brought tears to my eyes. A sense of betrayal increased the anger inside me. I sat up, wiped my tears and got ready to go down for breakfast.

"Shall I go to the diner with you daddy?" Since today was a day off for college and I had nothing better to do, I wanted to go and help my father in the diner. He was okay now but still a little weak. "I am fine kiddo, you don't have to worry. It's your day off so take some rest." He smiled and I nodded. I noticed that everybody is acting strange around me. My mother and father were using some kind of sign language to talk without letting me know and Ronin seemed much quieter than other days. Seeing me like this was making them worried as well. In my heart I promised myself that I won't cry, not because of Sebian nor anything else. I will talk with Mr. Crauser about the project. I will not make my parents worried. I will do better and try for the best and I will never meet Sebian again in my life.

The whole day was boring. I helped my mother a bit in the household works and would have continued helping her but all the questions from her made my head ache and I didn't want to answer her. She just kept on asking me what was wrong, the absolute topic I didn't want to talk about right now. So, I excused myself saying that I have studies to do and came to my room. After some time I thought of going to Ronin but then thought that he might be busy and not like my intrusion. He may also start asking about me exactly like mom and I was running away from that at this time. So instead I stayed in my room and searched for what to do to pass time.

I played the rubik's cube a bit and did some puzzles in my phone but after that got bored again and grabbed an academic book and started reading it. After all I still have the finals to pass and have to work hard on it if I still want a chance at the scholarship. Tears threatened to come back to my eyes again. I got up and went to the window, I can see Mrs. Reece's house. It didn't seem to have any movement at all. Maybe he is out somewhere with his friends, showing off bragging about how he messed with a fool like me and succeeded. I so want to go to him and ask why he did this to me but then I am scared that if I see him I will go weak and forgive him. I have all good memories of him. In front of me all he ever behaved was good. I really thought he had good inside him and the sad thing is I still think like that and that's why I am scared of seeing him. So, I will not see him again. I moved away from the window and returned back to my book.

Evening came late than always. I was helping my mom to prepare dinner when the bell rang. I went to open the door knowing that it was my dad. When I opened the door my dad entered and behind him standing was Sebian. He looked at me. I stood there without any movement. Why was he here? He slowly tried to smile. Look at the audacity of this boy. After all he has done he still comes here and dares to smile at me. I was about to speak something when my father's voice was heard, "Come in son." I gave him way and he entered inside. I locked the door and followed him in.

"Hi there, you are..." my mother asked. "He is a friend of Aly. He came to help in the diner and also came that day to leave me at home, you have seen him," my father said reminding her. "Oh, yeah" my mother said, thinking about it for a while. "Of course, I remember him. Thank you for your help that day..." "Sebian ma'am" Sebian spoke. "Oh yes, Sebian. I am Lessi, nice to meet you. Come sit. Dinner is almost ready, join us." "No ma'am, it's okay." "Of course, he will have dinner with us." My father spoke again. "Didn't you say that Mrs. Reece is in the city, then you can definitely have dinner here.

"Why did you bring him here dad?" I finally asked. My father looked at my surprisingly raised tone. "Well he came to the diner for some food and told me that he has something to talk to you about. So, I brought him here. This way he can talk to you and also have dinner with us." My mother brought the dishes out and kept them on the dining table. Ronin came and sat for dinner as well. "Come sit Aly, we can talk while eating" my mother spoke sternly to which I sighed and obliged.