Prologue

The blustery wind blew through the air; another unsettled day in Trecco Bay. The seagulls yelled as they attempted to glide against the gale whilst the trees danced from side to side. The clouds in the sky bled into one another more and more until the very last spot of blue sky was covered.

A woman's black shoe crunched down on escaped grains of sand that the wind had taken over to a small, green slope. Flowers had been placed neatly on the floor nearby, behind a ditch. With them, written notes, photographs and cards. All kinds of memories. It was only just sheltered from the stormy weather and the ends of the notes would flutter in the wind.

A tear fell down the woman's cold, pale cheek. The whistling wind around her was loud but there were no other people in sight, something that wasn't unusual for the outskirts of Porthcawl, Wales.

The wind had covered up the sound of footsteps creeping up behind her several moments later. A sudden hand came from behind and gripped tightly against the woman's mouth. A hint of a scream could be heard from beneath, but nobody was near. Nobody could help her.

Her body was pulled backwards, shoes scraping against the thick soil.

Metres away, out of sight, stood a woman whose eyes smiled with glee at the sight of the attempted scream. The figure watched until the stranger was taken away.

But was she really a stranger?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀♥♡♥▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Writer's notes:
I received a few comments saying my first chapter didn't grab people's attention immediately so I decided to add a prologue! Most first chapters I've read haven't grabbed my attention so please stick with me as that is setting things up.

Please remember that this book has a lot of mystery to it. If things aren't explained there's probably a reason for it. And in terms of the romance, it's a slow burn but it is coming!

Let me know if you prefer the prologue or if you think just starting on Chapter 1 would be better?