Chapter Four

**✿❀ Chapter Four ❀✿**

Freya wasn't sure if she'd stopped shaking for even a second since the incident, but she had to remember that Marcia had been through worse. Locked up in an old barn for two weeks? Freya was sure she wouldn't have lived through it if it was her.

She'd awoken before the blonde and kicked her feet back in the living room area of the caravan to put on the television. There was an unnatural amount of tension in her eyes as she gazed at the local news, fearing the worst.

Her mind swam in relief as the news came to an end half hour later with no mention of a man dead in Wales. Somebody would have found him by now. Did this mean he'd got up and walked away? She was unsure about Marcia, but she'd avoided the news the previous day out of fear, but it seemed there had been no reason to.

Freya turned her head as her new accomplice walked out of the bedroom rubbing each eye in turn.

The brunette greeted her. "Hey, sleepy head."

"Hey. You're watching television," Marcia noted, incredulously. Her words were followed by a yawn. Neither had slept well.

"Yeah I'll never get used to these Welsh accents on the news. Can't really understand a thing."

Marcia spoke with hesitation, "You... Watched the news?!" She immediately walked over to sit by Freya's side, staring into her eyes for some kind of reaction.

The Australian paused for a moment but saw goosebumps prick up on the blonde woman's arms and quickly started her explanation.

"I looked online too. There's nothing." Before Marcia was able to respond, Freya leapt into the woman's arms in relief. The blonde awkwardly hugged back, though she wasn't sure this was cause for celebration just yet. "Nothing other than a horse getting on a bus to find safety, anyway. That was a cute story."

"Nothing yet," Marcia corrected. Something didn't feel right and her instincts were almost always right.

"But another hour of relief is good enough for me. For now. Are you ready to go shopping? I really can't wait to see you in something other than that blue jumper. Don't get me wrong, it looks great on you but-"

"You don't have to explain. I'm very much aware that I've been in it for two weeks."

Freya pushed together her teeth and whispered a quick, "Sorry."

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

When they reached the shops it felt like everybody's eyes were on them.

They weren't.

In reality the two women were invisible. Everybody was was too engrossed in their own lives to even bat an eyelid. That didn't alter Freya's paranoia though and she was beginning to go into an internal panic.

"I'm a dungarees kind of person, are you?" Marcia's sudden words broke Freya's fright.

"What?" A beat of confusion passed. "Dungarees?!" the Australian laughed suddenly. "No way! I'd look like a ten year old!"

Freya watched on edge as Marcia ran her hands down the clothes in the store. She knew the other woman had noticed her fear when she spoke again.

"Come on, help me out please. I'm really no good with fashion." Right, so she was trying to distract her?

Freya took a breath and pulled out a short sleeved red jumper. "You'd look so hot in this." After handing it to the blonde, her eyes flashed around. It was incredible how quickly she could get into shopping even when she had so much on her mind. "And these jeans. You strike me as a simple yet classy kinda woman and I respect that," she giggled, handing Marcia her other choices.