•Chapter Three•

The next morning was painfully slow for Shōyō as he had to guide his sleepy sister through everything as she couldn't function on her own.

She had stayed up late making food in advance because her mother was so busy with Natsu that she didn't have time to prepare their lunches, as always. Sora wasn't bitter about it at all, understanding how her sister needed more attention, but she would like to feel a little more cared for sometimes.

This caused her to move a bit more sluggishly in the morning, running on only three hours of sleep.

Shōyō put a pile of clothes into her arms and directed her to the bathroom, praying she would be able to get her uniform on correctly.

She didn't. Her vest was backwards and the tie was more of a headband, but at least everything else seemed right.

Shōyō hurriedly fixed his sister up and put her on the back of his bicycle, not trusting her to be able to ride one without riding straight into oncoming traffic, and they made their way to school.

After they got there, Shōyō and Kageyama brainstormed ideas on how to break into the gym as Sora slept on the steps behind them.

All of a sudden a voice woke her up and startled the boys: Tanaka. He had come with the keys and was boasting about being the best upperclassman ever as he opened the gym.

Sora followed the boys inside and, without thinking, immediately laid on the bench while using her jacket as a pillow.

"Good morning, Sora!" Tanaka said brightly, but frowned as she didn't respond.

She'd already gone back to sleep.

Tanaka blinked in confusion before turning to the boys to ask about the girl when her brother said, "Don't worry about her, she's just a very heavy sleeper. She stayed up late last night so she hasn't gotten much sleep, it would be best to just let her sleep while you train us for now."

Tanaka took one look at the girl before walking over, making Shōyō freak out and try to pull him back.

"Don't wake her up! Everyone who has tried waking her up other than Natsu has gotten really hurt. She's an absolute monster to wake up." The boy said urgently, unsuccessfully stopping his upperclassman from walking over to her.

Tanaka had no such plans. Instead, he took off his jacket and laid it over the girl with surprising gentleness. Her ankles were still out so he frowned, then forced her brother to relinquish his jacket too. He draped it over her carefully, and tucked her in before walking away to open the storage room.

"Let's play, guys!"

~~~

Soon enough an hour and a half had passed and the official practice would be starting in half an hour, so the three boys had to start waking up Sora.

"Sora, wake up. Hey, we gotta go soon." Shōyō shook her gently at first, but as she refused to wake up he shook her more roughly.

He fell over as her hand smacked into his face in reflex, and Sora sat up groggily.

"What's happening?" Her voice was deeper than usual and she cleared her throat as she blinked a few times to wake herself up.

"I'm not scared of Daichi-san or anything, I just don't want to get in trouble." Tanaka told the boys haughtily just as Suga came in.

"What's this? So, you're doing morning practice!" He said brightly as he switched out his shoes.

"Suga-san!" Tanaka exclaimed in surprise and a bead of sweat formed on his brow.