One

Chapter  One.

Haylee Parker

At eight I realized that Titan was cuter than Elliott.

At nine, he bought me flowers that gave me allergies and I missed school for a week. That's when I realized he was perfect

At ten, we went to the zoo and he held my hand when I was scared of the bears.

At eleven he watched a Barbie movie with me when I was sick with a cold.

At twelve he took a ballet class with me because I wanted to be the perfect princess.

At thirteen...Elliott kissed me.

I sighed and shook my head, determined to stop thinking of Titan. I had known him forever...and by that I mean, I ran into him at the park when I was four. I realized I had a crush on him when I was fifteen but by then he was dating Madison Richard.

Ugh.

I started dating Elliott when I turned sixteen and to be honest, he was amazing. He had this signature blonde hair that wouldn't quit and this gorgeous brown eyes that gave Taylor Lautner a run for his money. He was the perfect  boyfriend a sixteen year old could have asked for.

That was last year.

I took out my phone and cringed at the sight of the pink bedazzled phone cover. Only God knows what my mother was thinking when she bought this. I dialed Elliott's number and waited for him to pick up.

"Hey Hay. Hahaha,  see what I did there?" He chirped.

I smiled and leaned on my locker.

"Hi El. Where are you?" I asked casually.

I had carpooled with him today morning and it was going to three and he was nowhere in sight.

"Oh shit, I forgot! I'm sorry! I forgot to tell you swimming practice will be going on late today! Do you mind waiting or do you need to get back right now?" He asked.

Something told me he'd just decided not to tell me. Elliott was a bad liar. If he had told me that today morning I'd have probably found someone to take me home.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"What time are you done?"

"At around four thirty."

"You can not be serious!"

"I'm sorry."

"I'll find my way home."

I hung up the phone feeling mad. Elliott could be such a jerk at times. I took out my bag from my locker and adjusted my school skirt. I absolutely hated the fact we had a uniform. I guess that what I got for being in a private school.

I made my way out of the main door when my phone started buzzing in my hand. I pressed cancel without a second thought. I walked out of the building ready to begin my trek home when I heard a beep. I turned around and saw Elliott in his car. He flashed his lights and waved.

I rolled my eyes and walked toward his car.

"You should have told me you'd be at practice." I said as soon as I got in.

I noticed he's in his Speedos and a grey vest. His hair was wet and he was slightly out of breath.

"You left practice?" I almost shouted at him.

"I couldn't risk you being mad at me." He shrugged.

"You're an idiot! You have a competition this Saturday!"  I scolded.