Epilogue: May I Ask

"May I ask you "How you've been?"Would I have the words to sayI've forgotten how to feelHow to call you by your name"

Would I have the words to say
I've forgotten how to feel
How to call you by your name"

.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.

"Koh—I mean,"  He cleared his throat.  "Taira, hold on."  Calling her by her last name tasted so unsweet in his mouth, even if he called her by Taira more than Kohari.  Yet, he didn't like it; it tasted so sour.

She turned her head to face him, her expression blank, although her hands were severely sweaty and her heartbeat deafened her.  However, she forced herself to stare back into his light brown eyes, holding the gaze of softness she'd rarely ever seen.

"Tsukishima-kun."  She forced her lips to part and say his name.  "It's been awhile."

The boy nodded stiffly, his lips glued together, much to his dismay.  The lovesick boy inside of him was screaming, burning to make its appearance.  Yet, it also couldn't.  It wouldn't.  He didn't know how to use that side of him.

"I'll be going now."  Kohari spoke, pivoting her heels before she was stopped again.

"I said hold on, for godsake."  Tsukishima muttered, his arm extending and grabbing her wrist.  She froze.

"What do you want?"  The female said quietly, her head dropping, while tears were threatening to erupt.

"I just wanted to ask..."  He said, looking away.  "How have you been?"

Kohari didn't answer.  She pulled her wrist from of out his grip and stepped away.  Distance—she needed more distance.  Being not even a meter away wasn't good for either of them, as they worried about unspoken words and hidden feelings would make their appearance.

"Aren't you gonna say something?"  His voice low, coated with a mix bitterness and sadness.  Her lips pressed together even tighter, until she pried them open, forcing herself to say something—anything.

"I—I.."  She stuttered out hopelessly, not know what to say—not knowing what to do.  Her breaths started to stagger, not realizing how anxious she felt.  The female's face and neck was shaded with pink, her thin figure shaking. 

As selfish as he was, now that she was right in front of him, a mere step and reach would allow him to feel her smooth skin on the tips of his fingers again.  She was so near and he didn't want to lose that moment.

Tsukishima didn't care anymore.  As much as he would tell himself he wanted her to be happy, he could never actually feel the truth in his thoughts and in his words. 

That was because he wanted her to be happy with him.

He never admitted it, but during the first few weeks of their breakup, he would have nightmares.  Nightmares of seeing her smiling happily with another guy.  It made his self-confidence lower dramatically—it crushed his pride into tiny little pieces.

"I'll take care of you." Was what he said when he asked her out, why did he not follow up?

Now, in this moment, he had a chance to make up for his mistakes; the universe was giving him another chance.

Boldly, but unconfidently, he stepped toward her, turning her around and pulling her small frame into his chest. His arms wrapped around her, holding her gently and close to him.

He felt her freeze. Before he heard her quiet sobs and felt her body rack along with the tears at ran down her cheeks.

Her book was clutched tightly to her chest as she sobbed, not knowing if she should hold him back or keep crying; however, she settled for the latter.

She didn't know why she was crying this hard, it could've been because she missed his embrace, or maybe for the fact his hold was more sentimental than it was before, carrying a kind of warmth she'd never felt.

The past couple months had been extremely lonely and tiresome for her, so maybe this was what finally tipped the bucket.

"I missed you." He whispered. "I'm sorry." His voice got quieter with each word, but still audible enough for her to hear. Kohari didn't know why he was saying sorry, maybe it was because he hugged her, knowing exes weren't supposed to do this kind of thing.

When it was done, it was done.

But for them, it was never done.

When I fell in love for the first time, I didn't think it would make me so reluctant to fall in love a second time.

The lines she read flashing through her mind in flash, aligning perfectly with her situation.

She dropped her book, the cover landing flat on the floor, as she shakily reached for the front of his tracksuit, her fingers tightly holding onto the material.

When I Fall In Love.

.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.

Song:
May I Ask — Luke Chiang (ft. Alexis Kim)

This ending is so •_•

But I was gonna make it more happy, but it would be weird since they left off on a weird-ish note and then all of a sudden they're like "I'm so in love you/heart eyes for days" typa beat.

But yah, this is the end, time to roll the creds!

Songs/albums aren't mine, but they are pretty chill bangers to kinda get urself in ya feelings. 

The gifs/images I used aren't mine either I just got them off google or instagram.

Okay that's all!

Thank you so much for reading and take care of yourselves/ stay safe/ drink water/ eat good food!!

<3 u forever

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 ― k. tsukishima ✓ 🎉