Just Need Some Space

Chapter 3: Just Need Some Space

By the time, the Queen and her eldest child enters the dining room, the other children are sitting in their chairs, waiting for the meal to be served.

"Mama!" Lumi jumps out of his seat and leaps into his mother's arms. She holds him close to her bosom and plants a kiss on his head.

"Hello, honey. Are you ready to eat?" the Queen gently sets her son back on the ground.

"Yes, Mama! Will you play with us after?" He asks as he skips back to his chair.

"Of course," Anna smiles sweetly at her children.

A few servants quietly enter the dining hall. They quickly set a few trays of various types of sandwiches on the table. "Lunch is served, your majesty," Gerda smiles at the Queen.

"Thank you, Gerda," Anna returns the smile. Her eyes shift to her youngest daughter as she starts scarfing down a sandwich.

Eira follows her mother's gaze and holds in a giggle.

"Hungry, Brina?"

"Hmmm?" the young princess hind as she wipes her mouth with her arm. She stops in the middle of the act, while her Mama and siblings stare at her amused. "Oh, sorry." Nieva gestures to Brina's napkin. The princess picks up her napkin and flings it sideways in order to open it. The loud clang of silverware crashing on the floor can be heard throughout the room.

Anna closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. Lumi and Eira start to laugh but Nieva quickly shoots them a glare.

"Brina," the Queen speaks softly. She glances at her daughter who's embarrassed face growers more red by the second.

"I'm s-sorry, Mama," her breath hitches as she holds back a sob.

"It's not your fault that you're just like me," Anna says lightheartedly.

Tears start streaming down the six year old's face. Lumi's face flushes with concern. He bends down and picks up the silver fork, knife, and spoon.

"It's okay. I'll ask for clean ones," Lumi hurriedly finds Gerda, who already had another set ready to give to the princess.

Lumi returns to the table with a smile on his face. Brina mumbles a thank you and looks down at her half-eaten sandwich.

"You know, we don't really need forks and spoons to eat a sandwich anyways!" Eira exclaims in attempt to lighten the mood.

The statement earned a chuckle from Nieva and Queen Anna.

Eira starts a conversation about the whereabouts of Olaf. Nieva told the family that he went with Kristoff and Sven to work today.

Anna couldn't help but be distracted when she noticed her little princess wasn't eating the rest of her lunch.

Eira sensed her Mama's concern, and seeing that her siblings had finished their lunch, she asked if she could be excused. Nieva and Lumi following suit.

Then the dining hall was only occupied the Queen and the little princess.

Anna softly stands up and sits down in Lumi's chair right next to Brina.

The usually cheerful wildchild, refuses to look at her Mama. The Queen sighs and starts to play with her daughter's hair.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" Anna asks as she runs her fingers through Brina's curly red hair.

The little princess shakes her head.

"Why don't you finish your sandwich, then we can talk?" the Queen attempts persuasion.