Just a stroll

After the mission I was congratulated by my fellow squad mates and I don't know why I just...didn't feel like myself after I saw that pony die. The only pony I could actually talk to was Laviska but I called her Lavi. She was nice and understanding but we weren't friends...just acquaintances, but no matter how much I talked and talked I never showed my true feelings to anypony.

I just stayed at the firing range with my rifle and 4 pots of coffee...I never slept for 3 days straight I just practiced and practiced until I was perfect but I was never perfect.
The caption saw me during this stage of my life and he said "get to bed son you need sleep for your next mission tomorrow morning" I just kept shooting "now!" I just growled at him "That's an order!" I just looked at him....I packed up my rifle and went straight to bed.

This morning was kinda cold and I had 15 more hours till the next mission was a green light. So I took a stroll down the Evereen Forest. I always did this as a kid, it kept me calm. I heard a noise (and it was still night by the way) it was a howl and then a growl a wolf jumped at me and started to crawl at me so I hit the wolf in the temple with the handle of my knife and knocked it out.

The pony slowley transformed into a pony and the words she said were in the softest and hurt sounding "I'm...sorry" it made me feel guilty so I snuck her into my quarters and laid her on my bunk and put an ice pack on her head

I said "I'm sorry for hitting you like that" she said " no, I'm sorry for attacking you I didn't mean to" I shushed her and said "it's alright I'm not hurt, anyway what's your name" she said "ScorchDreams, but you can call me Scorch if you like" I said "ok Scorch well I'm sorry to interupt your night" she said "it's fine and hey if you need anything take this" she hands me a dog whistle "if you ever need my help you blow into this I will be there" I examined it and before I could say thank you she left.