The Way Back

Frost is now asleep and it's 21:43 so I have to head to the Evac point in about 2 hours. I put a cover over frosted and packed my bags to go back to base. It was -6 degrees and I had just a Gillie suit with hoof warmers so it was going to take a little more than an hour to get there.

It's so cold I can't explain it enough and I'm not even half way to the Evac point. I had to think of something quick I either keep going or try to survive, so yes I stayed because I knew I wasn't going to make it back in time. Good thing I was equipped with all of this gear or I would have kept going.

My gillie suit has thick layers so I kept it on with a fire in front of me. I was thinking how pissed off sarge or even captain would be so I just slept. I dozed of for about 5-6 hours and I was ready to work so I tried to go find some trees small enough to cut down with my pocket saw. I got at least 3 trees so I turned it into a teepee with the leaves and branches covering it.

I put out the fire and walked into my hut and made a smaller fire inside so I could warm up the hut. It sucked to be out here but I gotta do what's necessary.

My radio went off "lone....wo-....36-9...do...copy. I grab my radio "yes this is Lone Wolf 3679 I copy". "Whe-...are.....you" "I'm a little under half way between the sniper location and the Evac point, over" "ok...sit tight...were..." Well at least I knew they are coming.

I slept for a little over 7 hours and then I heard a chopper land. "Is that them?" The pilot jumped out "are you SkilledScope?" "Yes" "well I am David your pilot on the way back" I grab my gear and get on the chopper "alright let's go!"

I start to sleep again, a little girl says "mommy where's daddy?" The light blue pony that seems to be the mother says "he's just at work....for three days" the mother starts to cry "I hope you come back"