Chapter 06.

Darling, i'm right here.

‧̍̊˙˚˙˙˚˙ 06 ˙˚˙˙˚˙‧̍̊

The Kaspbraks driver                    words• 7,031
pulls them into a long winding
driveway. it leads them
to a mansion that lights up the
night like the moon.
They'd drove almost an hour away into
the middle of nowhere,
trimmed hedges and trees surrounding them. the windows are open letting the warm evening breeze in.
there's expensive luxury cars parked out front and they join them in their shiny black BMW.

when they get out of the car Franks helps Sonia out by here hand, it looked so cliche and movie like. Richie raised an eyebrow at that as he got out and then he heard someone clear their throat. he looked back at Eddie who was holding his hand out and giving him a look.

"oh, right" he takes Eddies hand and helps him out of the car, then they link arms just like Frank and Sonia.

"As much as i'd love for you to be finding a new, rich,.. 'partner'.. here, your father says you need time to process the breakup.." Sonia rolls her eyes as Eddie looks at Frank.

Frank sighs, "what your mom is saying is, we don't expect you to look for a new suitor as we usually do at these parties." marrying into another family has always been a topic being a mafia family, "We also don't want people to know you have a bodyguard, so Richie, treat my son well tonight."

Eddie blushed and Richie nervously looked down at Eddie, "uh yeah, of course sir-"

"i'm not done. there are families here tonight that we don't know. yes, they are friends of trusted friends but we don't know their intentions towards us. you do not let him go anywhere alone. you are with Eddie no matter what." he says it so sternly it kind of terrifies Richie. he nods and Eddie rolls his eyes at his fathers dramatics.

Frank nods and leads them into the mansion.

the floor is polished marble and the ceilings are high, a crystal chandelier hangs above them making the room glisten. there's over 100 people in the ball room alone, along with a classical band playing quietly in the corner.

Richie felt out of place.

he felt a nudge at his side and looked down at Eddie, "hey, it's not that big a deal. we can sneak away" he obviously could tell Richie was uncomfortable.

"what about your parents? won't they notice we're not here?" Richie was already nervous with Frank around he didn't want to mess up.

"they'll be talking to gangsters and undercover agents all night they won't notice" Eddie assures gesturing to the crowd that's already swarmed to greet Frank. his father smiled at everyone and shook their hands, he wasn't always a bad guy.

Richie looked around the room. he then started to notice that the fancy suits acted as covers for the people wearing them. most of these people looked like guys his dad would drink beers at the bar with. people with scruffy faces and battle scars on their faces, even some with missing fingers! of course there were the others that look prestige like Frank, but the entire thing gave Richie an off feeling.