Tour Around Campus

As said on the Tang Valley travelers guide, Tang University serves as a diverse college that is home to the best school of Veterinary Medicine. It's campus shines as the crowning jewel of it's family friendly neighborhood. And, with it being one of the oldest structures in Tang Valley, it is an important part of the town's history.

On her drive towards the university, Nina noticed it looked like a small castle and relished in its beauty. However, once she began walking around she realized every corner looked the same and quickly became lost. A student walked out of a classroom on his phone and Nina had no choice but to ask for directions to the registrar's office.

"Hey, do you happen to know where the registrar's office is? I'm kind of lost," she said.

The man looked up from his phone and eyed Nina up and down. A smirk came across his face.

"It happens to be your lucky day little lady. I'm headed there right now," he said.

As cute as he looked with the wavy brown hair and blue-green eyes, his demeanor seemed too playful and childish for Nina's liking. Especially when he added the "little lady" part.

"That's Detective Wendel to you,"Nina corrected. The man's eyebrow raised in a playful questioning.

"My apologies Detective. The registrar is just down this path."

While they walked, Nina wasn't so keen on starting a conversation, but that seemed to be the man's every intention.

"You know, I've been arrested many, many, times. Honestly, it's more than the amount of years I've been alive. But, I have never had the pleasure of seeing you. Now why is that?" he asked.

Nina merely shrugged and continued looking forward.

"Hmm. Maybe it's because you're new on the job?" he continued.

Nina sighed, still hoping he'd get the message she didn't want to talk.

"Oh, you're not just new in the precinct. You're new in town, miss detective, aren't you?"

"Okay, okay. You're right," Nina confessed "I actually just arrived two days ago to start this job."

"And how are you liking the town so far?" he asked.

Nina shrugged. "I actually haven't gotten a chance to see it for myself yet."

They turned a corner towards the building of offices. The man held the door open as Nina walked in. The room felt less warm and welcoming compared to the rest of the university buildings.

"Registrar's office is through that door. Hope you find what you need," he said. Nina began to walk to it, but turned around quickly to him.

"Thank you," she said "I really appreciate it."

He smiled down at her with a mischievous smile. "Anything for the new girl in town. And here." He handed her what looked to be a business card, but actually had all of his contact info including social media accounts. "Just in case you're looking for someone to give you a private tour of the town."

Nina looked down at the card with a sarcastic grin. "I doubt this card is ever going to be used to its actual purpose, but thanks again...Barry."

Barry smirked in response as Nina finally turned away towards the registrar's office.

Nina looked at the registrar's office in complete and utter shock. There seemed to be no one in the room. Instead, there were piles and piles of papers, folders, and books. Even a single chair was filled with a big pile of random fabric. Nina looked worriedly around in case someone might be trapped under all the mess.