Chapter 5: The Saint

SCENE 3

Setting: Main Headquarters (Hospital Bay) - Los Angeles, California - DAY.

One week later, a weaker and bruised Sabina lies down inside Saint's hospital room. 

She opens her eyes softly as bright, innocent white stained walls with open windows and the unstained curtains move swiftly against the mild cool winds from the open window hitting her entire body. Sabina sparks a powerful shiver up her spine. She is now covered in fresh bandages with wine-like stains.

Across the room lies a single metallic white chair as occupied by Saint, who is not far away from Sabina. He grips his hands gently in front of his face, he then emerges a bright smile as he puts both of his hands down to his lap in a gentle manner. Saint wears a pure white overall as his entire body shines through the vivid sunlight, like a knight in shining armor.

And in the corner of the hospital walls, a small music radio rests in between playing "Take Me To South" by Sage & The Saints softly plays in the background. 

THE SAINT'S P.O.V.

"Easy there, Sabina. Don't move up for now." I whisper carefully.

She tries to get up again this time, but with great difficulty. Her voice cracks as she groans, with her eyes rolling at an angle. I stand up from my chair, quickly reaching my hands out to her as my hand touches her cold skin and bandages.

My hands quickly touch away from her shoulders. "I clearly said no getting up. You need to rest."

Sabina goes back down slowly in bed with her responding, "Where's Bos? Elena? Jane? Charlie?!"

"They are all fine, don't worry." My head swiftly turns to reassure her worried face. I continue, "Charlie and Rebekkah are setting up a plan together." 

"I need to be there, now." Her voice, cold and strong. She continued, "This will get out of hand before you or anyone else will know."

Sabina quickly bites her lips in frustration. Her arm slowly reaches out on her face, greatly groaning once again in pain.

"I'm really sorry Saint, I wish I didn't have to put the team like this. In danger." Watery, clear tears begin to fall out of her hazel green eyes. I quickly grab a tissue out from my left pocket, reaching it out to her.

"You have got to stop blaming it on yourself. We are a team here, and it's our job to keep everyone safe. And as for me, to keep you all healthy and well." I briskly rub my bearded chin.

"Thank you." Sabina weakly mutters. She continues, "You're such a saint. Did you know that?"

We both share a laugh, as our eyes resolve in a positive manner.

"And I always believe, in the end. Everything will be much better." I reach out again my left arm, caressing my thumb to her right upper shoulder.

Her head reaches up against the soft, feathery pillows as her eyes come into a state of curiosity.

"So, why did you choose to become a 'healer'? Was it something that you were always passionate about?" Sabina, warmly smiling with closed lips.

"It's a long story." I continue, "I was a medical nurse at a local hospice, to which I always loved helping and saving people, as it always brought a smile to my face. Being a nurse was my most-dedicated passion. And I also happened to meet someone that I eventually fell in love with." My pale cheeks quickly go into a cherry-pink blush.

"Ah, do tell me. Your secret is safe with me." She quickly winks her right eye. "Is she still with you?"

"No, actually. He's gone. He left. He is somewhere in heaven now." A warm stream of watery liquid flows down my left eye.

"I'm really sorry to hear that. But I'm sure he's with you, in your heart all the time." Her warm and soft left-hand reaches out to mine in comfort. My pale lips coming into a soft smile.

"I really miss him. His name was Bryson, but I called him Beau for short. He was the most handsome, kindest and smartest man that I've ever known." A sharp tear cracks my voice in pain, I shortly hesitate. "His bronze tousled hair and his strong cinnamon-like scent. I still miss him every day."

"Don't mind me asking, how did he pass away?" She quickly bites her lip, as her eyes look down to the sheet.

"He was hit in an accident, I tried my best to save him. But I couldn't." I swiftly wipe away a tear from my eye, as a small burning pain in my chest arises to throb. 

"Hey, I understand that life is a bit of a bitch sometimes. No one deserves to live in suffering. Absolutely no one." Sabina's eyes look up to meet my weakened face.

"I know." I brightly smile in an expression of recovery. I continue, "If there is such a thing called heaven, then I firmly believe that he is an Angel too."

She swiftly nods her head in agreement. "He is, definitely. For sure."

I quickly change the subject, asking Sabina in return. "So, tell me... What about you? Anyone in particular?"

"Well," Both of her eyes gently glistens, as the sunlight surrounds her pale face. She continues, "It's Elena Houghlin." 

"Ah, I knew it! I'm sure that you will both be together. It's just that the mission needs to be done first. I hope that it's not distracting your job in any shape or form." I thoroughly respond.

"I know. I tend to keep in focus and away from my feelings. After all, it's all about the 'timing'..." Sabina gently moves her head as she happily responds. Her continuing, "Thank you. If you weren't here, I would have been somewhere else. You were the best healer I've ever had, or even in the entire agency for that matter. I'm really grateful for you, always."

"You know me well Sabina, you are most welcome." I continue, "And if you need anything, I am always here too. You will definitely need to take lots of rest for now. We shall continue another conversation later. I will also let the team know that you are doing well."

I quietly get up from the cold, white chair as I slowly pace to exit the door. I turn around once again, as my teeth go onto a full grin. Sabina once again expeditiously grins as I pace away from the room.

End of Chapter 5! To be continued! :-)