Chapter 1: Him

Beep Beep Beep Beep.

I wake to the sound of my alarm clock going off at 6:20. I moan and roll over. I don't want to go to work, but if I want to keep my apartment, then I have to.

I swing myself off my bed and go to the the bathroom. I step in, wash my hair, cleanse my face, rub body was all over my smooth skin. I rinse it off, and hop out of the shower. I go back to my room and put on my Treat Frozen Yogurt outfit. Yes, I work at a frozen yogurt shop which is about 10 minutes from here, and I catch the bus to get there.

I finished school a year ago, and I started looking for a job. When I was young, every time I went out shopping with my beloved father, he'd buy me frozen yogurt. So, when I finished school, I applied for a job at the place I'd always been fascinated by, Treat Frozen Yogurt.

I grab my phone off my charger, grab my bus pass, and go out the door and close it. I live in a block of apartments here in New York. I have many neighbors, but none of my age. One of the only neighbors I really recognize is Haymitch Abernathy, who is a notorious drunk, who usually comes back home the same time as me. His breath smells of liquor our every time he says, "Hello Sweetheart." However, when he's not so drunk, we can manage a decent conversation.

I walk out to the bus stop, and sure enough, the bus is coming around the bend. I hail it over, and I hop on board, tapping my buss pass on the little machine that sits near the bus driver.

"Good Morning Mr Heavensbee," I say. He usually drives this bus every morning at 7am.

"Morning Katniss, have a nice day." He closes the door of the bus, and I walk towards my friend Annie Cresta, who works with me, and she gets on the bus 5 minutes earlier than me.

"Katniss! Come, sit," she says, motioning for me to sit next to her. I slide on the seat, and Annie smiles.

When the bus pulls up at the shop's bus stop, we say thanks to Mr Heavensbee, tap our bus passes, and he closes the doors of the bus. It disappears around the corner.

We walk to the large shopping centre, of which Treat is situated in front of our largest supermarket. Thats why so many people come here, because we're in front of a large supermarket.

I open the little door, and turn the power on. Annie sets up the smoothie machine, and I turn the yogurt machines on. I get the huge container full of goodies, chocolate chips, lollies, sprinkles, fruit and so much more. I fill up the individual bowls, and get the sauces out.

"Katniss? Are you listening to me?" Annie's loud voice interrupts my voice.

"What?"

She sighs.

"I'm going out to the nightclub tonight. With Finnick." Finnick is Annie's boyfriend.

"And....."

"I booked two tickets. You're coming with me."

"I don't know Annie, I......"

"Katniss, you're so lonely at home. You need to come out more often. Mingle with more people. You're going to come with me, and we might be able to get you a boyfriend."

"Annie......."

"Katniss, you are coming with me. Oh, and you're coming home with me, I've picked us outfits to wear as well."

I sigh, accepting defeat. "Okay."

So, for the next three hours, we work like we usually do. Make samples of yogurt, make smoothies, serve people when they weigh their yogurt. My favourite delight is watching children make their own creations and eating them very quickly. It lights up my day.