Chapter 1 - (y/n) POV

I rub the sleep from my eyes as I swing my legs over the side of my bed, throwing off my baby blue duvet cover. I push myself off of my tall bed, falling to the carpeted floor in a fumble of arms and legs. Ugh. I wish my bed were shorter so I wouldn't have to fall every day. I change quickly into my outfit which I picked out last night, which consists of a black turtleneck sweater and a checkered miniskirt with a Gucci belt. All gifts from Dad.

I slip my feet into comfortable slippers and stumble down the stairs and into the dining room, where Dad and my older brother Jeongguk are already seated at the table. They look up when I enter. Dad gives me a terse nod but Jeongguk stands up and gives me a warm hug and a bright smile. "Good morning, (y/n)nie."

"Mornin'," I reply.

Dad gestures for me to sit down with them. "Where's Mom?" I ask as I take a seat.

"Still sleeping," Dad says. "It's Sunday, (y/n)."

"Yeah, I know. What about it?" I ask, blinking a few times. I'm still sleepy from staying up all night texting Hyunjin, the boy I've had a crush on my whole life.

Dad sighs. "(y/n), you're training, remember? To become a part of Big Hit. You have to be a good mafia member, just in case something happens to me or your brother. You have to be fit to take over. Right?"

"Right," I reply. "Don't make me scared. You guys are the #1 mafia gang around here. It's not like you're gonna be killed easily."

"But you never know, right? So we're taking careful measures. Anyways. Listen. I am going to give you information, and you are going to sort it out, alright? It will only take 5 or 10 minutes. Consider this an early morning training. And then after that, you and Jeongguk are going to head to the headquarters to do some physical work."

I give him a lazy thumbs up, and he nods. He slides a piece of paper in front of me and I look at it, trying to adjust my eyes. When they can see clearly, I know instantly from the complicated lines and tiny lettering that it's a map of Seoul. "What's this?"

"A map, (y/n)," Jeongguk says.

I raise my eyebrows at him. "I know that much. But like..." I trail off, reading the explanation on the side. I read it underneath my breath. "The red line... is the path that Kang Myung-Dae took last night... He headed for a dark building at the end of a dark aisle in the corner of Euljiro."

I look up after finishing reading. "I'm assuming that this dark building is the headquarters of SM? We know that Kang Myung-Dae works for SM, from last June, when one of our workers Kim Seokjin saw him with Zhong Chenle, who'd declared before that he was working with SM."

Dad nods, looking satisfied. "Some of our spies' cars were chased away afterwards, which seems suspicious."

"But at the same time," I continue, half ignoring Dad. "Kang Myung-Dae was way too obvious. He was walking down Euljiro, wasn't it? They must have known we would see him. Maybe they're trying to lure us over to where they are. It's probably a trap. What was he carrying?"

"We think he stole some of our money from our sub-quarters, which is just one street south from where he appeared and we started chasing him. Good. You're doing better than I expected. As I said, make sure to continue training on your awareness and ability to capture even the tiniest details. Your next mission is after school tomorrow. Both of you will meet at the entrance of the headquarters at 21:00 sharp, and this time, what you're trying to do is find out what exactly that dark building is, get back what Kang Myung-Dae stole, and, if possible, find out where the actual SM headquarters are if it is not that building. Oh, and if you can, try to find out who the head of SM is, and any additional information that might be useful to us. Understood?" I nod. "Good. Now get your stuff and go to headquarters to train."