Chapter 2 - (y/n) POV

The bell rings, signaling the end of the school day. While everyone rushes out as quickly as they can, I stay a bit to stretch. Heeyoung does the same. I grab my school bag, which is hanging on the peg on the side of my desk, and begin putting my school books inside. Heeyoung is staring at something outside the classroom window, which overlooks the small garden and walkway where some students like to eat lunch.

I look over to her once I'm done packing. Her face is pale, like she just saw a ghost or something. "Heeyoung? What happened?"

"Jiyeonnie... I think I just heard some things."

"What?"

She points to two shadows outside the window. We can't see the actual people from here, but we can hear their voices. I recognize both: Hyunjin and Seungmin.

"So you were just playing with Jiyeon's feelings?" Seungmin asks.

Hyunjin laughs coldly. "Yes. It's fun to watch people fall in love with me and then watch them break."

I stifle a gasp. Heeyoung looks at me worriedly. "Let's go," she says.

We walk out into the sunshine, me trying to sort my thoughts. I'm so confused: why? He seemed so genuinely like a friend. I mean, I'm not saying I wanted him to like me back, but still. Why did he have to even pretend to be my friend?

Suddenly, it begins to rain. It's a sunshower: the sun is out, shining brightly, but it's raining. I think it's the most beautiful kind of rain. Heeyoung smiles, looking up at the sky with me. "It's telling you to cheer up. There are other guys out there for you, Jiyeon."

I smile. "Thanks."

Heeyoung makes a face. "He should seriously die. Such a horrible person."

I laugh. "It's fine, Heeyoung. Let's just forget about him. He can do whatever he wants, but I'm staying away from him."

"Good choice," she says, nodding.

We part ways at the usual place. She goes left while I continue going right to my fake house. When I'm alone and I know for sure that Heeyoung isn't looking at me, I let the tears flow freely. No matter what I say to her, my feelings are still hurt and I can't believe Hyunjin would ever do such a thing. That's when I hear his voice behind me. "Jiyeonnie!"

My shoulders tense immediately. "Hyunjin." I don't look at him. I just keep walking forward.

"Jiyeon? What happened?" I ignore him, and he frowns, hurrying to stand in front of me. "Jiyeon! Why are you ignoring me?"

"You're terrible," I reply. "I can't believe you. I thought we were good friends."

He looks genuinely confused, and if I hadn't heard the words from Hyunjin himself I would totally believe his face right now. He's such a great actor. "What do you mean?"

"I heard you talking to Seungmin after school," I say, narrowing my eyes. His face pales.

"I— what? What are you talking about?"

I brush past him, my shoulder bumping against his. "Stop acting. I hate you."

And for once, he doesn't come after me. As much as I want to turn back and hug him and pretend like none of this happened, I control myself and keep walking, crying again.

My heart is completely shattered by the time I arrive in my true house. My maid Mira comes to me. "Miss? What happened?" she asks while taking my bag.

I wipe my tears. "Oh, nothing," I say.

Mira sighs. "Miss, I've known you for far too long. You're crying. Just tell me."