─ 08 :: ❝MISSION❞

— THEY DON'T CALL ME A
LEADER FOR NOTHING.

— THEY DON'T CALL ME ALEADER FOR NOTHING

THIRD PERSON POV! ft. THE ELEMENTALS'

 THE ELEMENTALS'

"no." his tone was firm, and nobody dared to speak up after he did so. all eyes were on him, watching his every move. his chin was on his hands, folded and placed upon the grand wooden table, paper scattered everywhere on it. "end of meeting."

there were murmurs around the large crowd, but the leader could care less. he went down from the big chair, stepping down the stairs and then took one look at his companion, who followed him suit outside. outside, he orders his men to disperse the people still inside.

"are you sure that we'll win on this one? it seems pretty risky-"

"doubt, and you'll fail. believe, and you'll succeed."

the green-eyed boy purses his lips in thought, but made no further effort to contradict the leader's words. its true, and wise- and so he kept it in his heart, instead switching the topic around. "do you think we have time to make more stuff before it starts?"

"you know what to do." solar hums in reply.

the boy squeals in excitement, giving his brother a small hug, to which it wasn't done back to him. but he couldn't care less. then he scurries off from his partner, eyes sparkling. there was only one thing swimming in his head; and he couldn't wait to start on his trouble-making plan.

───── ❝ SOLIPSISM❞ ─────

cyclone was running late.. again. and this time, it was far worse than before. he pushed the heavy doors open with a bang, then releases a breath of relief. the meeting was just starting. he saw his younger brother thorn waving over to him, and made his way there, plopping right into the empty seat.

"right," one clears his throat, after seeing that everyone was finally present in the room, "as they were saying, why don't we use her as a bait instead? since she already knows about you being in the mafia. leaving her out there would be a threat to our privacy."

the blue-eyed boy's eyes widened slightly at the mention of (y/n), and he quickly sent a pleading look to solar's way, who catches his expression. he looks away from the younger boy.

solar bit his lower lip, "that's too risky. we are not setting anyone up unless there's a backup plan, and right now- we're out of resources. involving anyone from an outside party would mean trouble. we're mafias, not criminals. we don't risk innocent lives." there was a hint of menace as he emphasized on the final sentence.

"someone's speaking more than usual." a deep chuckle made everyone turn heads, "why is that?"

cyclone's eyes flickered over to the leader, who's jaw clenched tight. he wasn't sure if it was a sign of suppressed anger or embarrassment, or pure mock anger. he decides to stay quiet on the matter, focusing on the paper in front of him instead.

solar manages to calm himself down without a word.

"let's not get sidetracked." the tense atmosphere lifts up slightly as their oldest member finally spoke up, "i agree with solar. let's leave the girl out of this, and find another person to use instead."

"you just have a soft spot for girls."

once again, the meeting fell in rigid silence. cyclone shifts uncomfortably in his seat, feeling claustrophobic as both sides of the table are glaring at each other. "can we um," he speaks up gently, "skip on this topic and move on?" he gulps, looking up and around, "please?"

"alright!" the person next to him nods, "let's put our grudges aside, and focus on this mission!" his expression drops, "if not, i'm going to put poison in each and every one of your food at dinner." the smile didn't reach his eyes, and he looks at his brothers, one-by-one dead in the eye. "understand?"

"leave me out of this!" one complains.

"moving on," the leader clears his throat, as well as his worrisome thoughts, "blue strike, i need you to stay back and protect the base. don't use the missiles- the air cannons should be enough. ice, watch the ground carefully. bring the men if you need too. these bastards have more tricks up their sleeves since our last fight."

ice lays back in the duvet chair, blinking in agreement as he peels his gloves off, showing the calloused hands of a fighter. "got it."

"before you leave- what's the update on the patrol?"

"just like always." cyclone answers, head inclining to the right. ice leaves the room to get ready. "we'll update you guys on any suspicious activity. don't worry. um," he slips a tab from his coat and typed a few things, "the right wing's missiles are out. we need more."

"how the hell did that happen?"

without facing the person who just spoke up, cyclone blurts, "one of the members did it. i think it was amar?" he could feel the heat that bore onto the side of his cheek, "i-it's okay, i'll take care of him. don't worry about it. we were having a weapon check that time."

"you can leave now then."

the door clicks close, leaving 5 other unoccupied members within. "blaze and thorn, you're going to be spying the enemies' base from outside. disguise if you need to, but it would be better to keep the contact minimal."

blaze pumps his fists in the air, barring his white teeth, "can i burn anything down afterwards?"

"depends," solar lazily smirks, picking on the silver ring pierced into his right ear, "if you do the job well. we'll see about that later. details are in your tab. get all your gear, meet us in 15."

the two troublemakers tossed their hands together and ran out the room, laughter and shrieking following them. he eyes the two older figures in the room, sitting right across each other.

"you two know what to do."

last filler chapter i swear! but do yall get any gang gang vibes from this yet- it hasn't escalated, but i'm trying to take things kinda slow atm 👀