Chapter One

"Hey, (L/N), tell us a story."

"Leave her alone, Roxy. Write your own story."

"Thank you, Gabs."

"Hey! Only I can call her that, (Y/N)!"

"Hey, Girls. And Roxy."

"Hey Bill."

"Hey, Will!"

"H..hi, Roxy."

"(Y/N), we're waiting."

"You too, Bill?"

"Shut it, Gaby! I want a story."

"Honestly, m-..me too."

"Roxy, you do it."

"(Y/N)!"

"Nope! More story, less complaining!"

"No."

"Pl..please, Roxy?"

"Ugh. Fine, only because Will wants me to, but I'm making myself be the villain."

"What!? But I'm the villain!"

"Haha, fight me, Cipher! Will, come here, Baby boy."

"O..Okay."
————————————
At this rate, you were sure that your eardrums were going to explode from how loud Mabel was.
You had been at your job, passing out and taking food orders, when the brunette teen had burst through the doors and began to excitedly explain that a guy, some prince, had arrived from far, far away.
Your job at Greasy's diner wasn't so bad. The people were pretty nice and the cook made fun of your dream but you still liked the place.
Lazy Suzanne was pretty nice, always managing to get you some tips.
Currently, however, Mabel was talking, interrupting her Grunkle many times.
"Grunkle Stan! Tell her what else you did!" She said, bound to interrupt the man once again.
"Ah, well, he's staying -"
"He's stayi-" She quickly began to cut him off before he cut her off by stuffing a fried Oreo into her mouth.
"He's staying in the Shack as my personal guest." He finished, Mabel nodding rapidly next to him.
He continued eating his pastries, Mabel smiling as you walked closer.
"Well, my mom has always said that the quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach." You said, patting the man on the shoulder and placing another plate of Oreos in front of him.
Mabel almost immediately gasped, quickly stealing an Oreo from her Grunkle and hopping closer to you.
"(Y/N), you're a genius!" She exclaimed, grabbing your shoulders and shaking you, "I want you to make me a couple hundred batches of your man catching pastries!"
You were caught off guard when she ran over to her Grunkle then ran back to you and shoved a handful of hundred dollar bills into your arms.
"Will this about cover it?" She asked, practically jumping all over the place.
"O..Oh! This is more than enough!" You smiled widely and laughed, "This is it! I'm getting my candy shop!"
You hugged your best friend tightly, your excitement clear as she laugh and began hopping around with you.
Mabel knew of your origins and species. She knew you weren't human, but a Sugar demon, in search of settling down and having a simple candy shop.
During the first few weeks she knew you, she was able to sneak you some money so that you can have your own little cabin in the the woods, and managed to avoid getting caught by her Grunkle.
"Yes, well! We're off, (N/N), see you tonight at the costume party! I'm gonna be a princess!" Mabel shrieked, walking towards the door and shoving her Grunkle out.
"I might finally meet the prince! And I'm sure as heck not letting him go!" She exclaimed, slamming the door closed on her way out.
You were left with a wide smile, quickly gathering your things as your shift was ending.
This is great! I can finally do it! You thought, grabbing your nice (f/p/c) coat and putting it on.
Opening the door, you shivered as the fall breeze hit you.
It's almost Halloween. You thought, looking around at the pumpkins being put up outside of restaurants, Should I give out candy apples or (f/c) bars?
You didn't think much about it, simply saying goodbye to the cook, Bryan, and stepping out.
Completely ignoring the demon that lifted their head up with an evil grin, a pastel pink snake wrapped around their shoulders.
—————————
"I..Is that supposed t-to be you?"