Dandelion Lover

Dearest Dandelion Lover,

Why are you only ever a wish, something I fall for, but always have to cover?

How come you always lead me on, into a pool of emotions so deep, I could never want another?

I've been starved of affection my whole life, deprived of attention too, I become so hard to understand, that's why I'd always end up in detention with you, you are the only thing that stops the Hunger.

I blow your fuzzy seeds off of your stem after I watched you grow for so long, it hurts, but spreading your joy couldn't be wrong, but since I've let them go I've never felt less silver.

I smear your colour against my cheeks, the yellow stains them, you always smell so sweet, but you always slip between my fingers like butter.

I was thirsting for your touch, you made tea from your body and told me to drink, you will always be a piece of me, everytime I feel your soft petals I fall into the void of wonder.

Each time I see you, you paint my neck in our favourite colour, I'm forced into your gaze, I always get pushed under.

I can never handle how you symbolize life, I won't ever forget. You blow into my lifeless body the same wind you flurry at the puffs of a small flamboyant flower. I love to watch you, my heart will always flutter.

I missed you so greatly, you never made me feel like I was in danger, but after you ignored me for such a long time, I couldn't help but see you as a stranger.

I throw myself into the woods, there I find the river, I drown my soul in my sorrows, I know I am the monster. You are a milky yellow herb, and I am weed killer. I am a herbicide, being in love with me would be like suicide, I can only lead to your demise.

I am insecure, your elderly florets are the messenger, you remind me of Jesus, you are merely a carpenter, but beneath your skin lies the true treasure. You are the saviour.

But we all know how that story ends, the one who loved the sinners the most gets betrayed by his "friends". I love you so greatly, but we will both die in the end. Yet I will die lonely and you will die with love from all people. Love that never ends.

You will plant hope within many people, and you will make it, even when your heart gets broken time and time again.

- Ariah Diane