𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

A Girl Worth Fighting For // Chapter Three
April 11th, 2020
1,978 words

This chapter isn't as long as the last two. But it's my writing to replace the song and montage of our battle-hero's improvement. There are obviously changes and I know a lot will be surprised at them. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy.

Also, thank you for 100 reads. Already on my third chapter and I have 100 views. Thank you so much and I hope you'll still be here for the next chapters of our journey with Mulan.

Mulan's POV᯽︎

"Get ready, soldiers. We're going up the mountains." Shang Li said. His voice was loud and stern, no humor or lie within his words.

This morning, Y/n had come to my tent. And she said that she would be gone for awhile. She's been on my mind since. And it's not necessarily because I like her. Well, I do enjoy her company and so far, she's my only friend. She's also another reason why I continue trying. But... I don't have romantic feelings for her.

If Ping were a real person, I'm sure he would. But Mulan doesn't feel that way to Y/n.

And yet, my mind won't stop rewinding in time to remember the kiss she gave me. The kiss that made the sun rise. The kiss that was so simple on my cheek... Yet so complex in my brain.

I'm a girl. I can't possibly have feelings for Y/n, could I? No. I can't.

She was the only girl here. And when she was here, I felt comfortable. I felt accepted despite her not knowing who I really am. And I am Mulan.

Not Ping.

Or am I both?

I've grown confused since I landed foot on this camp. I'm even more conflicted since I first laid eyes on that woman.

"Don't pack anything. We'll be there for today and we're returning tonight. I don't need anyone slacking when we go up the cliff." Shang's voice erupted the ground, shaking it violently with his commanding voice. He suits the army life.

Y/n suits the medical life. She suits anything that meant to care for others. She's just so amazing like that.

But what life do I suit? All this time, I never knew. Granted, I still don't. And when Y/n was here, she made me think that the war life is for me. But with her kind words and gentle actions that pushed me, I feel that I'm pursuing the wrong thing for going into battle.

All this time, I've been confused and not knowing what to do. And I have a feeling Y/n knew what potential I have. And now she's not here.

Chi Fu's voice cracked in my ear, "Get moving! Not everyone has the patience to deal with you like that girl did."

She'll be back. I know. But I wish it'd be sooner if it meant that I can carry on through this bullying.

Timeskip - Mulan's POV᯽︎

My chest burned.

As we go up the mountain, Shang commanded we keep sticks on our shoulders. Of course, I was against it as I'm terribly weak compared to everyone else. But of course, I wouldn't say a thing.

I walk up the mountain, carrying two bales of water on both ends of the stick on my shoulders. I was doing good until one bucket decides to slip.

The water pours down the mountain and I sigh, leaning downwards to pick it up. I do so and strap it back on the pole.

Now it looks like I'm cheating. But really, I just spilled my water.